Started by dicko, March 14, 2013, 15:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dicko

Mr blue sky  {ELO]
Top of the world {Carpenters]
My Way {Frank sinatra}
Spanish harlem {.....?}

woe10

It's OK folks, he's a Chelsea fan  :'( 8)

dicko

Ronnietheblue

Going loco down in corralejo.   Four Tops
Corralejo beach.          Martha and the muffins

dagwood

The ying tong song (the Goons)

Reminds me of the local political goons

beachlife

Dynamite by Taio Cruz

Taio Cruz - Dynamite (Int'l Version)

Sure he is saying

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes,
Saying AYO! Corralejo!

suendrob

As long as I gaze on Cotillo Sunset

I'll be in paradise

By the Kinks

fifi

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd - The Wall (better sound n image)

This reminds me of Simons version in Molly Malones in Caleta on my first night there .

Crowded House - Into Temptation

This song always reminds me of Corralejo. Eric in Imagine did a fantastic version.

Paddster

growers

thevdoc

Any song by Luther Vandross, as we were there when he passed and Dave the DJ at top bar in caleta was a great fan also don't fear the reaper, blue oyster cult great tune.

Brightspark

Captain Sensible

KWC

Not quite a song, more like sounds and it goes like this!

Bing bong, flight number TX1352 for Fuerteventura, is now boarding at gate number 9

What a brilliant sound that is  ;D

Paddster

Think Barry's lost the plot............................ ;D ;D ;D

fatherted

Drift Away Dobie Grey
Sitting on the dock of the bay  Otis Redding

isleswing

Living on an Island      by Status Quo

Very apt, as we live on one Island and holiday on a warmer, beautiful one.

SheilaW

I don't have to be reminded of Fuerteventura, I live here.  :P

But I advise everyone to listen to "Our Shangri'La" by Mark Knopfler. I first heard it when I went with a load of musicians to El Cotillo beach one day and they played it around the fire as the sun went down. WOW!!! Ever since, my husband has been playing it around the Corralejo bars and over at El Cotillo. It just oozes Fuerteventura. I don't know if Mark has ever been here, but he certainly was writing about somewhere very similar. Play that in the snows of the UK and you'll be right back here, I promise.

notdeadfred

I don't know if Mark has been to the island, but the song was from his album called "Shangri-La" which was recorded in 2004 at Shangri-La studios in Malibu!

I once had the privilege of hearing the man himself perform that one at a concert in Edinburgh - magic but not quite the same as El Cotillo beach! Actually gutted that I will miss his Glasgow concert this May because ... I'll be in Fuerteventura! Staying in the south, but if we make it to Corralejo we'll watch out for someone singing Shangri-La.

dagwood

Almost any song because it was almost impossible to ask the one and only brilliant Brian Ransom for a song that he did not know. If you found one he would look it up and have it on his program for the next night. Its a pity Brian has left the Island as he was one of the few singer/guitarists worth listening to. Most of the so called musicians over there now are pure unadulterated number two and play at the people not for them.

admin

gillgooding

Me and my husband love it in the square at the Campanario Centre when our pool maintenance man's (Pipo) band is on, they are called Parranda El Norte. Our favourite song of theirs is NOS ESTORBO LA ROPA. No idea what it means in English but just love playing the CD when we are in dreary, cold England to remind us it won't be too long till we are listening to it "live" again. 

beachlife

Quote from: gillgooding on March 16, 2013, 11:19:54 AM
Me and my husband love it in the square at the Campanario Centre when our pool maintenance man's (Pipo) band is on, they are called Parranda El Norte. Our favourite song of theirs is NOS ESTORBO LA ROPA. No idea what it means in English but just love playing the CD when we are in dreary, cold England to remind us it won't be too long till we are listening to it "live" again.

NOS ESTORBO LA ROPA  - think literally its saying clothes are a hinderance

Think this is trying to say that clothes get in the way perhaps hide who we are ?

gillgooding

Thanks for the translation beachlife, thats hilarious!!  Perhaps its the anthem for all the naturists/nudists on the island.

SheilaW

Quote from: gillgooding on March 17, 2013, 11:21:46 AM
Thanks for the translation beachlife, thats hilarious!!  Perhaps its the anthem for all the naturists/nudists on the island.
It's not hilarious; it's true! I don't know the song: not yet! But it certainly sounds appropriate.