EazyJet

Started by dagwood, October 28, 2017, 09:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagwood

Very good move move by EazyJet to buy a chunk of Air Berlin.
That should allow them to land and take off inside the European Union after Brexit is completed.

bedouin

easyJet had already sorted any potential post-Brexit problems by opening an office in Austria and applying for an air operator licence there.

dagwood

Quote from: bedouin on October 28, 2017, 10:58:56 AM
easyJet had already sorted any potential post-Brexit problems by opening an office in Austria and applying for an air operator licence there.
yes I have read that but this move will probably make things even simpler. Looks like they will be a European airline operating in within Europe and a UK airline operating when in the UK. It`s how they marry the two is the question.

bedouin

I wonder how easyJet hope to make any money on the routes previously operated by Air Berlin?  After all, Air Berlin has been losing money at massive rates for years - they lost almost a billion euros in 2016!

dagwood

Quote from: bedouin on October 28, 2017, 12:51:01 PM
I wonder how easyJet hope to make any money on the routes previously operated by Air Berlin?  After all, Air Berlin has been losing money at massive rates for years - they lost almost a billion euros in 2016!
I think that`s a leading question, lower cost base and unions come to mind.

bedouin

Quote from: dagwood on October 28, 2017, 14:19:22 PM
I think that`s a leading question, lower cost base and unions come to mind.

But they're looking to hire ex Air Berlin staff in Germany, surely one of the costliest places to employ people?