Easyjet Seating policy

Started by Magoo, February 28, 2016, 20:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magoo

It says as clear as anything that if you want to sit together, then you must pay Sleazy jet extra money to guarantee it.  OK, having played the game and coughed up, is it right that you should be bugged by the crew to move, in order to accommodate families who have been split up. (Presumably because they didn't think that it was worth an extra £5 to ensure that little Johnny did not end up getting one to one digerydoo lessons from Rolf Harris in 42A)
If it is company policie that minors must sit with a parent, then the online booking system should enforce it. Easyjet could even do it free, and at the same time ensure that all brats are at the back of the aircraft.
PS. We didn't move, but where made to feel like the dog in the manger over it

paully

I`ve every sympathy.We have been in the same position..I always take the same view as you. If the lazy arsed tight wads can`t be bothered to pay to get the seats they want then I can`t be arsed to shift on their behalf..To be fair to the crew, they have always accepted my position and been ok...If they had`nt I would have screamed off an e mail to the Ch Exec`s office   :'(
I HATE computer thingyss

zedzedeleven

No. We didn`t move either. In the event there seemed to be enough volunteers and so the problem got sorted. On another occasion the outcome was entirely different. A really obnoxious cretin was trying to bully the cabin crew into providing him with seating he should have paid for. His outrageous behaviour just got everyone`s back up and we all resolutely refused to move. I felt really sorry for the cabin crew but in the end one of the flight deck crew issued him with an ultimatum, either he accepted the seats he had been allocated or leave the aircraft. Bluff or not , it had the desired effect and he sat back down next to his wife who seemed mortified by his appalling behaviour. His threats were as wide ranging as they were ludicrous, encompassing everything from the human rights act to exposure in the tabloid press. Don`t you just love these " I know my rights " oiks.
Mentor to the boneheads.

Magoo

Quote from: paully on February 28, 2016, 20:59:05 PM
I`ve every sympathy.We have been in the same position..I always take the same view as you. If the lazy arsed tight wads can`t be bothered to pay to get the seats they want then I can`t be arsed to shift on their behalf..To be fair to the crew, they have always accepted my position and been ok...If they had`nt I would have screamed off an e mail to the Ch Exec`s office   :'(

Unfortunatally it's not a case of can't be bothered, Mrs Magoo has some real anxiety issues about flying. However, all credit to her, it's never stopped her. It does help if we are sat together, so grief of this kind is not appreciated.
As you say, a letter to the CO (copied to the Daily Mail) would have been in order if it had come to a Mexican stand off

spirefolks

To be fair its not just on Easyjet. The last 2 flights home with Ryanair have had the same thing. And I didnt move either, we had paid and were sticking to our guns. I wonder if it is when a passenger has booked a dynamic package with a travel agent and therefore doesnt have access to their booking ref. so are unable to prebook.
thanks

TheCooler

I'd give anything to be moved from my wife and son. They put me in an aisle seat.
Endless getting up for toilet trips , and having to get stuff out of hand luggage from the overhead lockers. Then i have to order and then pay for expensive snacks and drinks.If i complain they call me a tight wad ,if i moan i get called victor Meldrew.
However I've manged to get a flight home on my own in April.Ive got a seat at the front and I'm not moving for anyone... Except in an emergency . Bliss

peggy

I wouldn't move for these tight wads. If asked i would just say "sorry i cant do that". The only thing that would make me move is if i had a wild child sat at the back of me that kicked the hell out of the back of my seat!! :'(  : :D

Magoo

Grampiangranny

We have travelled to Fuerte many, many times mainly with Easyjet, Ryanair and Norwegian. We have never paid extra to sit together and have never been seated apart. Some couples might pay extra to make sure they sit apart  :P