Charcoal

Started by tl2222, May 10, 2018, 14:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tl2222

Hi all, I bought a bag of charcoal about a year ago and want another. Problem is, I just can't remember where I got it! It's in a large green plastic sack and written on it is the price - 18.11 euros. Any ideas where it came from please? (circa Caleta/PDR.)
TIA.

erik_tonny

Not the slightest idea where you bought you charcoal.
BUT.....
In PdR on the Calle Barquillos there is a shop selling frozen meat wholesale to the restaaurants. White building on a corner, left hand side if you are driving towards the sea.
They import large lump Marabu charcoal from Cuba !
Big white bags.
The very best and heavy charcoal I have ever had. Burns as you want it to, hot as hell or low and slow.

el caballo hambriento

You can get charcoal in the supermarkets.  Called carbon.

tl2222

The charcoal from local supermarkets seems to burn very quickly and I'm forever adding more, in order to make it last. Thanks Erik, will try the place in PDR, it sounds like the stuff I'm talking about.

el caballo hambriento

Supermarket charcoal varies but it is more convenient.  Depends on what storage/transportation facilities you have.  A large bag in a hired car is no good to me :)

erik_tonny

Quote from: tl2222 on May 10, 2018, 18:39:43 PM
The charcoal from local supermarkets seems to burn very quickly and I'm forever adding more, in order to make it last. Thanks Erik, will try the place in PDR, it sounds like the stuff I'm talking about.
Two handfulls (I have big paws) will last 3 hours for a slow fire.