Stephen Fry

Started by dagwood, February 23, 2018, 12:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagwood

I just switched on BBC news and came across Stephen Fry giving an interview regarding his recent surgery for prostate cancer.
What he had to say made a lot of sense and I would urge all men on here to listen to his interview.
Stephen appears to be one of the lucky ones and caught it in time, which is of utmost importance.
Go get yourself checked it's only a blood test!!!

erik_tonny

In the Netherlands the PSA test is standard part of a medical update

woe10

I have mine tested every 6 months at the Hospital in Rosario.

My Father in Law has Prostate Cancer but in the early stages, PSA Blood Test caught it early.

If you're a male over 50, get tested NOW.

Can the Man

I get mine tested every 6 months, I`m 57. I had a bit of a scare about 2 years ago, thankfully the biopsy came back clear. Very sore procedure for the biopsy

HH

Like Stephen Fry, my husband had prostate cancer discovered purely by accident following a GP check for something else.  He has been treated with radiotherapy and hormone injections.  A simple blood test to check PSA levels should be made available to every male over 50.
MENTOR TO THE MENTOR TO THE BONEHEADS

dagwood

Quote from: HH on March 04, 2018, 13:24:27 PM
Like Stephen Fry, my husband had prostate cancer discovered purely by accident following a GP check for something else.  He has been treated with radiotherapy and hormone injections.  A simple blood test to check PSA levels should be made available to every male over 50.

Agree 100%