New Indian Restuarant in the Atlantica Caleta

Started by Trumpy, January 14, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumpy

The down stairs sandwich bar next to Ocean View has opened as an Indian.

I gave it a go on my last night the staff are very friendly and even gave us 4 popadoms and a starter tray free.

The curry itself wasn't bad a little salty for me. Prices were a little on the high side to what I pay at home but similar to the others.

All in all I enjoyed it.

Can the Man

Trumps, I wonder is it the same Indian chef as cooks in the Aloha Bar Indian restuarant ?.

We tried the Aloha Indian last year and I could not eat the food it was so salty  >:(.

lionfish

The Indian near the Aloha Gardens was recommended to us by a resident friend, we went once, but were very disappointed - agree with Can the Man, very salty - we will not go back (even if it is still there!).
We walked past the new Indian in Atlantico last week and checked out the menu and found it expensive compared to what we can buy in UK (even allowing for exchange rate), but have not tried it and probably won't.

DaveW

We tried the new Indian Restaurant 2 weeks ago. I thought the food was very good and not too salty. Service was good although didn't get any free poppadums. Agree with Trumpy it was a bit more expensive than at home