Motoring Offence

Started by decho, January 04, 2016, 17:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthwisemonkey

may be wrong but seem to recall you can check on-line for any offences relating to trafico.....remember going through trafico website once (at least think it was theirs) and there was an option to enter matricula and nie etc and find out any offences outstanding.
To be honest paid my fine on-line with card and probably easiest bit of spanish paperwork ever done....enter barcode number....fine shows on screen, enter credit card number, receipt printed ....done....if only everything else was that easy

decho

If you can remember the website I would be eternally grateful. I just don't trust the post out here and it's not helped by the fact that our postboxes are in a terrible state and not secure.

Deso

Try a search on the Boletin, name or NIE, and see if that throws anything up.

http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/boc/
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

TamaraEnLaPlaya

It's a real bummer - and your 'friend' must have been a fair way over the speed limit to be fined 300â,¬ in the first instance. Lesson to be learned by us all, let friends use hire cars, not yours!

Postal deliveries: there seem to be several reasons that I have come across for post not being delivered out here, apart from the obvious 'no address /stamp on envelope' or the postie putting the letter in the wrong postbox.
1. When the properties are first in the planning stages they are allocated addresses based on plot numbers/phases etc. After they are completed they are allocated street names and numbers. Owners then sometimes add a name to the property themselves. Some data bases still hold the original details and don't recognise the newer details. Telefonica is a good example of not always holding the current details but the detail as it was when the original infrastructure was being put in.
2. Apparently the property/complex etc needs to be registered with the Correos service and have a street number plaque on the wall in order for Correos to have a responsibility for delivering to it - I've been told this is the case in Tenerife so is probably the same here.

calculator

Quote from: decho on January 07, 2016, 14:18:04 PM
Ok, so here's the story...not good but never mind.

There was a speeding fine issued in Nov 2014 for â,¬300. We were not using the car at the time but a friend was. We weren't even on the island. They sent out the recorded letter asking who was driving which I never got despite being recorded delivery...was not on the island at  the time and nothing was left in the mail box. So on non disclosure it was tripled to â,¬900 and then when passed to  the Tax people another â,¬180 Euros added. So total bill comes to â,¬1080....Nice!
Don't think there is much can be done, just have to pay it and put it down to experience, what is disturbing is the breakdown in communication meaning you can rack up this kind of fine without knowing anything about it! A VERY expensive lesson!

Still it's a lovel day here🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

And now the solution............
Firstly you have to work out if the embargo is legal - you didn't receive notification (the undelivered recorded delivery letter is in your file at the tax office, but they won't give it to u), so they were then legally obligated to put a notice in either the BOP, BOC or BOE. So that's where u start. If your NIE or name is not in there the embargo is illegal. If it is in there, tough luck and pay up-

If its not in there, u need to file a formal complaint with the Diputado del Comun, explaining ur case about no notification and the embargo, etc. This might get the embargo reversed and then the whole process starts from the failed delivery of the letter.

U can complain to the tax office also from a procedural point of view, but they will just ignore it and fob u off with legal stuff.

If the embargo gets reversed u then give the name and address of ur EX- friend to the authorities so that they can pursue it.

Important note.......complaining doesn't stop any other procedures from progressing, so whilst waiting for a result u might have to payup and get the money back if u win. Obviously, u will be demanding at least half the total costs from ur EX-friend.

Final note.......we successfully had an embargo from Agencia Tributaria (different matter) reversed and all money paid back with interest, by using the Diputado del Comun (All to do with undelivered notification - the scum sent the letter on the day of the general strike in NOVEMBER 2014, knowing that it would never get delivered!!). It's all about getting the system to fight the system. On ur own, u haven't a hope.

decho

Thank you Calculator for your VERY useful input. I will take a look on this site. I did try searching without any success but I will try again using my NIE and name.
To be fair to the person who committed the offence he is not an EX-friend. He was mortified when  he heard what had happened and is helping to put it right. Everyone can make a mistake and he would have happily paid the fine there and then had he known about it.

fourthwisemonkey

Try buscamultas.com which is a free service to check for driving tickets.....not officially linked to trafico but worth a try

decho

Quote from: fourthwisemonkey on January 08, 2016, 10:09:44 AM
Try buscamultas.com which is a free service to check for driving tickets.....not officially linked to trafico but worth a try
Yep thanks, found it on there(see below) but cant find any reference on the BOLETIN site.

16/05/2015 TESTRA TESTRA_Traslado de resolución  JEFATURA PROVINCIAL DE TRÁFICO DE LAS PALMAS 
06/02/2015 TESTRA TESTRA_Notificación de denuncia / Requerimiento de Identificación JEFATURA PROVINCIAL DE TRÁFICO DE LAS PALMAS

bluefox

we keep hearing that spain are in dire straight's finacially, i'm far from an economist, but when you see the amount of money generated from tourism alone, it just make's yer wonder, then i would imagine the next big  input would be export's from farming etc. ........so, all these fine's from traffic "offence's" seem's they are clawing every cent they can, probably mostly for the canary isles, and nothing goes to the main land. a real sickener that happened to me last yr. was when i pulled in for petrol at the atlantico caleta, as i approached the pump a toyota camry screamed in front of me and almost took my front wing off, i first thought some idiot was trying to jump ahead of me, until i copped their uniform's, two guarda civil, so i opened my door and one of em stood there and literally watched while i unbuckled my seatbelt. lookily he spoke very good english and of course i asked what was the problem, you'd think i'd robbed a bank by the way they drove in, but he said i was being fined for NOT wearing a seatbelt, my belt i had going under my arm does exactly the same job, because i had a bit of a sore on my neck and the belt was chafing on it, this i explained and he said i needed a medical cert but he could see it. so they were on a mission that happen's from time to time on fuerte, get in as much money as they can, any which way, and true enough there is nowhere to question it, apparently any fine goes automaticly to madrid to be processed, and just to finish, the other guy got out the unmarked car with what i thought was a breathalizer, no probs there it was mid day, but it was a cash card machine, the fine was for â,¬200, but pay there and then and they so kindly knocked 50% off, not sure if you can be done "off road", but it was the most expensive petrol stop i ever did.  :o  >:( 

Tamkid

A ruthless breed, the Guardia, not to be messed with.

Ivemovedon

Can put up with that. its the arrogance that goes with it i find hard to accept.