Euros to Pounds

Started by Tamkid, December 22, 2015, 12:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamkid

Has anyone advise on the least expensive and safest way to transfer Euros to Pounds?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

F1REFLY999

La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

woe10

Quote from: Tamkid on December 22, 2015, 12:29:51 PM
Has anyone advise on the least expensive and safest way to transfer Euros to Pounds?

I always use Paypal. Never a problem.
You need two accounts, one email address linked to Spanish bank, another email address linked to British bank account.

Tamkid

Thanks for your info, appreciated.      Woe, how does the Pay pal transfer work?

bigB

Transfer wise every time, use firefly's link and get a free transfer up to £3000 at best rate.

woe10

Quote from: Tamkid on December 23, 2015, 18:54:23 PM
Thanks for your info, appreciated.      Woe, how does the Pay pal transfer work?

For instance: Set up a paypal account with your email address tamkid@hotmail.com linked to your British bank account.
Open another paypal account with tamkid@hotmail.es linked to your Spanish bank account.

You can transfer merrily between them both anytime, I do it all the time, and transfer to my family.

SheilaW

Quote from: woe10 on December 23, 2015, 22:04:55 PM
For instance: Set up a paypal account with your email address tamkid@hotmail.com linked to your British bank account.
Open another paypal account with tamkid@hotmail.es linked to your Spanish bank account.
But what do you do about the address, Woe? You can't link a British bank account if your address is in Spain. I imagine the reverse isn't possible either.

woe10

I use my son's. That's where my British bank address is.

macb

Another vote for Transferwise.
They just keep getting better. They were always good but now very fast as well - and I understand the principle behind it.

Tamkid

Thanks for that Woe, uncomplicated, will give it a try. I imagine there must be some charge for the transfer by the Spanish Bank?

I have looked at the Transferwise site and cut and pasted their charges below for the transfer of E120,000 to the UK, how does their fee
compare to a Spanish Bank?

Real exchange rate: 0.7334 (9 mins ago)
You'll save on average: â,¬ 3,612.64 Fee: â,¬ 597.01