Ryanair new Cabin Bag Policy

Started by MinRich, March 29, 2019, 10:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinRich

Now if you want to take hand luggage only you have to purchase priority boarding which entitles you to one small hand bag and your luggage case. The luggage case has a max size of 55x40x20. Now having always had hold baggage we are trying our September Trip with cabin luggage only. We have watched the sizes of peoples cabin luggage over the years and a vast amount imho has been larger than the stipulated size. How do they get away with it ? What size is your case that you regularly take on board. We need to buy hand luggage cases and looking at the 55x40x20 ones they are tiny and very few people seem to have them. Any advice or links to cases online would be appreciated.
Will they increase the size with the newer planes which appear to have larger overhead lockers ?

Johnrgby2

Will they increase the size with the newer planes which appear to have larger overhead lockers?
[/quote]

The newer 737,s do have larger lockers, the downside is they have a tendency to fall out of the sky ::) ::) ::)

spitfire58

We normally took what was the non priority with 2 bags in the cabin & booked seats prior to the last change. For the last couple we took priority boarding (with 2 bags inside) & booked seats. The queues for priority boarding now count for 3/4 of the travellers.
It comes down to what you want as a priority for your trip. I looked at what the different conditions were & the “small hand bag” allowed free inside is approx 1/2 the size of a 10kg case. So I think the best move is to go NON priority (you would likely still book seats to sit together) & then either book one 10kg or 20kg into the hold at booking

decho

The problem with the new policy is that on any flights I have been on, 90% plus book priority boarding, and some of the cases coming onboard are ridiculously big which means that they are now struggling for space.
This weeks Tuesday flight to EDI was full to bursting with travellers and oversized hand luggage!
I can see it changing again soon :'(