Hotel Lobos Bahia Club to nearest Naturist area

Started by rworrall, April 18, 2016, 16:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rworrall

Hey Guys
First time posting here so be gentle with me.
We're staying at the Lobos Bahia in Jun and going to be visiting the naturist area with our kids.
When i visited the island about 15 years ago there was a train type taxi thing that stopped near the Riu and beach. Is that still the case or if worst case how far is it to walk to the nearest naturist area and would that area be ok as a family first time section or are there better sections to go to.
Any advice please people....

jg

The little road train no longer goes down to the beach and it would be a good half hour's walk to the nearest clothing-optional beach and more than an hour to the best part for children.
However the number 6 bus service runs half hourly (hourly on sundays and in the evening) to the hotels near the middle of the beach and the nearest stop is about a quarter of a mile from your hotel.
I hope this helps.
JG

rworrall

Thanks jg for that. Google mapped it and can see the bustop you're talking about. Any idea of typical fare prices and do they do 'return' type tickets or weekly travel cards?

Beachfun

Hi , we go to fuerte 3 times ayear and use the beach everyday ,also like to add that there is now a hiperdino supermarket right at the bus stop and prices very reasonable for supplies, the buses are very cheap think it was 1â,¬ 25 cents a trip but a taxi from the town or from the beach to the town is approx 6 euros and a taxi rank right at the riu olivia and usually plentiful taxis might be cheaper to get taxi,hope this help and bus or taxi if you go down the road approx 400 yds to beach then right turn at the beach 400 to  600 yds  the world is your oyster! :D xx

dampsquib

I use the local buses quite a lot in the south of the island.
Have a look at the tiadhe.com website for further details (timetables, payment cards, etc).
I'm not aware of any return ticket options, or weekly tickets, but they do do a pre-payment BtF Bono card (full details on the website). These are available off the driver and cost â,¬2. You pre-load the card with â,¬10 to â,¬50. You don't need a card each - several tickets can be bought on one card. Card used to get you a big 30% discount, but sadly this was reduced last year to 5% for non-residents. I find using a Bono is still a very convenient way to pay though. I see Tiadhe's website says the fare for the full Corralejo to Puerto del Rosario journey is â,¬3.40. In the south, to go about 3 stops, I think I pay something like â,¬1.50. Someone else may know the specific fare for your planned journey.

hairybiker

The ticket I have rom June 2015 from Los Hoteles to Corralejo says â,¬1.40 and I remember that it hadn't gone up when I was there in November

maxieman

On waiting for a bus on the main road fronting the big hotels, you might find taxis offering shared rides to Corrie for say 5 euros.Most tourists have change ready so makes sense to pile in. If you have a bono card, at least you'll know the bus will be awhile yet as the canny taxi drivers they won't be embarrassed by a bus arriving!

jg

One extra point about the bus timetables.
The times displayed at the bus stops are the times the bus starts out on its journey and NOT the time it is due at the bus stop.
When it turns up depends on how many stops it hasd to make and what the traffic is like - this even catches the locals out sometimes.
JG

SheilaW

Useful tip jg. The No 6 leaves Corralejo on most half hours and always on the hour. The incoming bus arrives anything from 15 to zero minutes prior to that.

Magoo

Couldn't be doing with that. Stay in Esquinzo, 10min walk with our beach stuff & we are there. Top rate cloths optional beach (Atlantic permitting) good access to the sea & a beach bar three min away if you are thirsty.  Our German cousins will even look after your gear while you are away.
At least one decent restaurant (Maraboo) & a bar (Safari).  OK, a car is needed to go further afield but we always rent one for the whole of our stay anyway as its almost as cheap as paying for transfers

Tatts

Does anyone know of reasonably prices accommodation for 2 nights?