Hoover Ostein 100 litre water heater

Started by ellisa, March 14, 2015, 17:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellisa

Has anyone else out there had problems with 100 litre water tanks.  The first one leaked from the main casing after 2 months, the second one blew out the electrics after 3 DAYS..the technico said the water pressure is too high and i would not be covered under guarantee....I am now on a THIRD tank (each costing 189â,¬), plumbers and techno from Hydraulica say never heard of high pressure "blowing" tanks...i now have the water inlet on half pressure cos frightened it will blow again, but have a very very weak shower!!  any ideas?? thanks

Archer

My understanding is that Regulation states there must be a pressure relief valve inline with the water boiler. Otherwise it turns into a bomb!
The relief valve will let water by if the inlet pressure is too high, and/or as the water heats up and expands and the pressure is above the safe level.
The boiler should not fail because of water pressure, if installed and working as per the Regs. That's my understanding.
You can fit a pressure regulator next to your meter. About â,¬100 installed.
Turning the inlet valve will not help and will only reduce the flow to your shower/bath!