Getting from Fuerteventura to Lanzarote

Started by Sandy D, September 18, 2019, 18:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy D

Am looking at having a 2 week holiday next year, first week in Fuerteventura second week in Lanzarote, thing I need to know is, what would be the best and most cost effective way to get from Fuerteventura to Lanzarote, we will be hiring a car from Pluscar on both islands but already know that taking it over to Lanzarote is a no no, so we will need to get from the airport to the ferry terminal in Corrie and get the ferry over to Lanzarote.
My thoughts on how to achieve this are
1, Take the bus from airport to Corrie (I imagine this will entail changing buses in PDR) then having to walk down to ferry terninal with our baggage
2, Take Taxi from airport to Corrie and get dropped off at ferry terminal. 
3, Book a Lanzarote day trip like we did when we first visited in 2010 and simply not do the return leg, that way we would get bussed and ferried without having to book anything ourselves, we would of course tell the guides our intentions and not leave them wondering what happened to us
Am looking for your advice, what do you think would be the best option or are there any other options that anyone can you think of?

Thanks in advance Sandy

hairybiker

Number 3 bus from airport to PDR.  The number 6 bus from PDR goes to the ferry terminal in Corralejo where it turns round before heading back to PDR

Note that the timings of the bus are from the bus station in Corralejo not the ferry terminal

suendrob

Why not fly in to one airport and home from the other?

Ticket pricing is effectively two singles, anyway.

We're already considering similar ideas to other places.

jill tie

I assume Pluscar won't let you have a different pick up and drop off point?  I pretty sure other companies would maybe look for a different company?

bookman

No direct flight to Lanzerote from Fuert. Are you thinking of Tenereife, North and South.