"Your connection has changed - Reload"

Started by Ole Man River, December 12, 2017, 17:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Man River

Hi, my PC keeps coming up with this message, often during the past few days or so. Then I have to Restart it all over again each time. Anybody know why?

The other thing is, my "recent page list" has disappeared? Which is normally available to click to my most used websites.

Live on Tamaragua. THE NEW ROAD WORKS >:( !!! ?

Does the signal keep dropping out?

Appreciate any advice please.
Thanks

Will196

Are you rebooting? Doesn't work if you just reload the page? Sounds like your IP address is changing. Most likely your ISP is handing out real short times for the IP # I'd worry they are overloaded.

Ole Man River

Thanks Will196.
I'm with Movistar landline, internet, mobile, TV. The whole package. Is that the reason then? ::)  8)

Will196

Might be. Where are you getting this message? Chrome? There are some comments on the net blaming bad DNS servers. If you feel comfortable changing them then switch to the Google servers.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

It's not hard but you don't want to put the wrong numbers in. You only need to worry about IPv4

Ole Man River

Thanks Will196. Yes it is Chrome.

Had a look at the link; says only "proficient" people should do this! That's not me I'm afraid.

IPv4?  - not very techy. I would need help. Is is worth it?

Surprised no one else on the Forum has offered anything?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Was talking to Movistar today who say they have had lots of problems with the weather causing damage which is affecting their local service, perhaps this is why you are having these problems. (Friend's landline installation cancelled as all engineers working on the problems, or so Movistar say!)
Good job it doesn't rain more often out here, we'd have no service at all!

Ole Man River

Thanks Tamara &  :( yes Johnrgby2.

Good to know there are other problems.  8)

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Ole Man River on December 14, 2017, 12:42:20 PM
Thanks Tamara &  :( yes Johnrgby2.

Good to know there are other problems.  8)

To be fair we do not get that many problems, we have an account with Hablya now Eurona, but obviously, the hardware and support is Movistar, we get the occasional stutter while watching TV, the biggest issue is that in the 2 years + we have used it on 5/6 occasions we lose the internet, never for more than an hour, and always on a Friday!!!! but when it happens we lose the WiFi, the TV is wired so not affected, but my computer is wireless, always takes 5/8 days to restore it, and every time they supply a new password, which is obviously why I can't connect, all it would require is for them to let me have the new password as soon as they change it, but can I get that through to them???????????????