Eclipse of the Sun - Caleta de Fuste

Started by FRY, March 20, 2015, 09:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRY

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Really? I have seen a couple of real life pics from friends over there and there was rain and clouds ad looked nothing like the yours.
It actually looks like you've stuck a 'crescent' shaped sticker onto a cloudy pic thing.  Sorry if I seem a tad doubtful FRY.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

Elite of the forum

do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

ashworth

Viewed the Eclipse from a top terrace on the Golf Course. Just like the pic above and it was clear to see other than a bit of Cloud. The last time I saw the Eclipse live was at Sandown in 1991. Mill Reef won it by 10 Lengths.

Brightspark

You can see an eclipse daily down at Calletta de fust beach

peggy

Nice one brightspark! You can see an eclipse everyday in Caleta. ;D

FRY

Quote from: ashworth on March 21, 2015, 09:32:57 AM
Viewed the Eclipse from a top terrace on the Golf Course. Just like the pic above and it was clear to see other than a bit of Cloud. The last time I saw the Eclipse live was at Sandown in 1991. Mill Reef won it by 10 Lengths.

Thank you Ashworth.
Hev, yes there was intermittent rain, ( not much ) and fast moving clouds, but plenty of openings in the sky to take a good picture.
Here's another one, albeit the camera is a different angle. Maybe you should put your "friend's" picture on for comparison. I have no reason to paste a sticker on Hev  :o

CLICK BIGGER

gattaca66

Like FRY and Ashworth, we too watched it from the golf course in Caleta, and between patches of cloud we had a pretty good view, just as in the pics. The light cloud actually helped, allowed direct viewing through smoked glass, otherwise the pin hole camera method was surprisingly effective when the cloud disappeared! Well done on the pics.....we tried and failed!

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

I apologise then FRY and will leave you a drink at Jaynes wine bar when we're over in a couple of weeks  :) 8) 8)
I was speaking to my son (who lives in Caleta) at the time of the elcipse and he said it was raining at the time and could see nothing..but high up on the mountain it was probably possible then.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

FRY

Not a problem Hev. I'll be at the new bar, Revival 70`s Bar ( old Legends ) on Fridays, great atmosphere and always chocca, then Jayne's Wine bar on Saturdays. Love to see you  8)

Brightspark

Quote from: FRY on March 22, 2015, 02:14:31 AM
Not a problem Hev. I'll be at the new bar, Revival 70`s Bar ( old Legends ) on Fridays, great atmosphere and always chocca, then Jayne's Wine bar on Saturdays. Love to see you  8)
no advertising or you gonna get a ban