The Weather - Bring An Umbrella

Started by woe10, October 16, 2015, 14:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Boo Boo

Quote from: Magoo on October 23, 2015, 12:51:09 PM
Quote from: bluefox on October 23, 2015, 12:37:14 PM
i don't know ! you'd think you've never seen rain before

That's the point I have seen rain before, two weeks solid in Cornwall one year, cabined up with two small kids & a chest infection.  It may be selfish, but that's the reason I love Fuerty, not a lot of rain.

We were in Boscastle in 2004 during the floods plus live in manchester so a little rain in Fuerto is nothing plus been to fuerto 13 times and only had rain once, let's hope the rain clears in January when we are next over.

Black 5

Nice river , are there any fish in it  :D
"Your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on"

Elite of the forum

Flat roof houses are "Traditional", and they won't budge from that, even though a pitched roof makes sense.

I had the biggest section of roof on our house done this year due to leakage had a slope put on it channelling it into one exit which put a downspout on seems to have worked  ;D 
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

Ivemovedon

We are thinking of having that done to our flat roofs Ivan. They are a continual pain in the butt with leakage despite our best efforts over the years. We have water run offs but because the roof is not on any kind of incline, water sits there and fails to fully drain off. Did they just concrete the slope on top of existing surface? and what was the general cost?

beachlife

We had concrete put on a kitchen we had so much smaller than the rest of the house. Felt was laid first then concrete was put on with a slope to run off to a spout. 2 coats of bitumen was painted on the concrete and pecan then put back on top of that. The result has been fantastic and an added benefit is that during the "winter" the kitchen is the warmest room in the house as all heat is retained. Cost for our kitchen was 590 euros. (2.5 metres x 3.5 metres)

Elite of the forum

existing roof sealed then concreted a slope on the roof channelling the water into one downspout instead of it dispersing on to different sections of the roof,was sealed with bitumen paint and felt  ,and finally the stones put back on the top ,not cheap â,¬2850 or there abouts ,it was the large section of roof on the house on Tam not sure of the size but large  ;D

Ivemovedon

Ok thanks for the replies. It does sound a bit pricey but will have to look into it.

Elite of the forum

To be honest if you had the time and know where to get the stuff it's a relatively straight forward job , it's not cheap having one of those wagons that pump the concrete onto the roof   ??? ???

bluefox

just go with the thread title ..........get a big umbrella !  ;D  :D :D

Elite of the forum

Harlequin

The only time I like to use an umbrella is to shield me from the sun  8)

woe10

Quote from: Red Russki of the Rovers on October 26, 2015, 19:17:30 PM
If only that easy ;D ;D

You can get a big Golfing Umbrella at the Golf Course. Arm & a Leg though.

bluefox

naah ! yer need one o'them big parasol's that you see outside bar's etc and nail it down on yer roof.  :D  ;D

Elite of the forum

still need about 10 of them so on second thoughts it was cheaper to have the roof re-done  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D