- Rosario Visit

Started by Tamkid, May 04, 2018, 20:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexeus

Quote from: Tamkid on August 07, 2018, 16:28:25 PM
Moonraker, you might not have the Rosario Tax Office email address, they sent me a copy of my notification using this address agenciatributaria@correo.aeat.es , you might find it useful in the future.

Does anyone have the email address of the Las Palmas Tax Office? would appreciate a copy.

Tamkid, that email address is almost certainly just a advertised general reply address for the national tax office, rather than the actual address of the sender. It doesn't appear to be specific to Puerto del Rosario in any way.

AEAT is an abreviation of Agencia Tributaria which is the tax office.

If you look at this page:
https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/Inicio/_otros_/_Direcciones_y_telefonos_/Delegaciones_y_Administraciones/Canarias/Las_Palmas/Las_Palmas.shtml

Under "Administraciones", there are contact details there for AEAT in all areas of Las Palmas, and I am guessing Delegaciones is management but I don't really know.

If you could get some more specific details as to which department in Las Palmas the Fuerteventura office says is responsible, that might make it easier to get the right department. I hope they aren't blaming the Hacienda? Hacienda are the ones responsible for all public spending, a level above AEAT.

moonraker

Thanks Tamkid & Lexeus, we are trying to get an email address or contact details for the tax office in Las Palmas, but not had any joy yet. so if anyone out there has these details it would be appreciated. Has anyone out there actually ever received their 3% retention or has everyone just let it go and lost it which I find hard to believe....

calculator

I'm not going to get embroiled in the rubbish posted so far, but..........

Have any of you owed money from Agencia Tributaria Canarias ever put an official request for the money to be paid back to you?!

If you do not officially request the money , you do not get the money. You have 4 years from the date the money was due.

Use the CLAVE system on their website for sending documents. Email is not an official means of communication.

The people in the office in Puerto are clueless and don't care. Of course they blame Las Palmas de GRan Canaria. If they did their job, headoffice wouldn't be taking responsibility for everything property related. they know that the guiris are stupid, so tell them any ole BS.

Incidently, we beat ATC in the administrative courts with regard a property tax matter, without the help of lawyers!!! When we won, we put our DEMAND for payment to them and it was paid promptly within a few months. We don't deal with the c*nts in Puerto, apart from issuing our demand at the registry, which is the backoffice along from the public desks. They couldn't believe that we had won and were demanding payment. Lots of head scratching, etc.

SOLICITUD DE DEVOLUCION DE INGRESOS INDEBIDOS

Charlie dont surf

Quote from: Ivemovedon on August 07, 2018, 15:52:49 PM
Never paid a single euro in non residents tax in 15 years after being advised not to early on by a well respected forum member who dealt with Spanish tax cases. In his opinion it was wasted money, would never be recovered and was not enforceable. Not sure of the pros and cons now but it was never a problem that cropped up during the sale of my property a couple of years ago.

One thing to remember... once you have paid any money to the Spanish taxman you can generally kiss it goodbye. It's hard enough getting money back off the inland revenue at home. Rule number 1 ..let them chase you for the money, not the other way around.

Only my opinion of course.

And that's exactly why they retain the 3%. Because of Tax Evaders like you.

That's not my opinion. Just fact.

Ivemovedon

Lol the 3% has nothing to do with non residents tax.

Charlie dont surf

Quote from: Ivemovedon on August 09, 2018, 10:41:24 AM
Lol the 3% has nothing to do with non residents tax.

http://www.gbabogados.co.uk/3-tax-retention-spain-explained/

You make it up as it suits you. You smugly brag about not paying tax for 15 years and then have the audacity to moan about how long you've waited for a tax refund. I wonder if you treat your UK tax liabilities with the same snooty arrogance.

Ivemovedon

All taxes paid above and beyond in both Uk and FV thanks. Sorry to disappoint you but no problems there. In fact FV has had more than its pound of flesh off me. If I'd paid the non residents tax I'd be even more out of pocket than the 16 grand they already owe but which looks highly unlikely I'll get. At least I have that as a positive. Many don't.

As for smugness it's usually the finger pointers who generally have something to hide.   

malabu

Well that will help pay for our new footpath to town

Tamkid

Calculator, I think it must be your wonderful warm nature, natural charm, charisma and pure brilliance that has swayed the day with regards to your TAX win, and very modest to boot I might add. I can imagine the nasty little Spanish Tax Clerks quaking in their Flip Flops when you enter the building, I bet you know them in Spanish as well. Let me know if you decide to become a consultant in the TAX field, you can count me in.

moonraker

Morning all, well what a great start to today, I have just checked my bank account and the 3% retention tax has been refunded plus interest  :D ;D We are both totally gob smacked as we were expecting to still be battling on trying to get it back for the foreseeable future especially after what has been said on here.....We wish everyone else good luck in getting their tax back please keep us updated with your progress.....

spitfire58

Congrats moonraker, glad to hear your good news. How long did it take in total to get it ?

moonraker

Spitfire, it's taken us two and a half years to get it back. To be honest after posting on here earlier on we honestly thought we wouldn't get it back, that we were banging our heads up against a brick wall. The funny thing is we have spoken to another tax advisor this week who doesn't live on the island and they had agreed to take our case on and try to get the refund for us, we were in the process of sending them all the paper work through to enable them to go to the tax office on our behalf when like I previously said on checking our bank account this  morning the refund is there plus interest.

Ernie

Hi moonraker,

Congrats on the refund.

Am I right in thinking that these 3% refunds are only available to those who did not sell at a large enough profit such that the capital gains tax due after the sale was less than the 3% automatically retained so that a refund was owed ?

I am under the impression that if one sells for a sufficiently large profit such that the retained 3% is less than the CGT due then one can immediately offset the retained 3% against that tax bill rather than pay the full CGT bill soon after the sale and only then reclaim the 3% owed. Does this sound right ?

Are you guys aware of sales being agreed at a different price to that on official documentation with bags of cash being exchanged for the difference, often inside the Notaries office ? I have heard such rumours ...

Ernie

Ernie

It was a casual turn of phrase. Try not taking everything so seriously or literally.

Charlie dont surf

When I completed on a purchase c2004 there was another guy completing on his place at the same time so we were at the lawyers/notary together. He had a black briefcase that I found out had around â,¬40k black money in it. I thought he may have had it handcuffed to his wrist as he never let go of it for around 4 hours. He was wearing a suit and sweating buckets. Couldn't have looked more conspicuous!

dagwood

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on August 14, 2018, 10:29:00 AM
When I completed on a purchase c2004 there was another guy completing on his place at the same time so we were at the lawyers/notary together. He had a black briefcase that I found out had around â,¬40k black money in it. I thought he may have had it handcuffed to his wrist as he never let go of it for around 4 hours. He was wearing a suit and sweating buckets. Couldn't have looked more conspicuous!

Definitely an amateur.

Charlie dont surf

100% amateur. I had my black money in a hiperdino bag  ;D

Ivemovedon

not smugly bragging about your money laundering are you? ;)

Charlie dont surf

Quote from: Ivemovedon on August 14, 2018, 11:13:03 AM
not smugly bragging about your money laundering are you? ;)

Lol. I knew you'd chirp up. It called humour. But I don't think you've heard of that  8)

Ernie

Somebody I know has done this on two occasions and it would seem to be rife with regular toilet breaks being required by the Notary during such meetings.

One thing my friend does not seem to find difficult is broaching the subject both with a potential buyer once a sale figure has been agreed and then with the Notary when doing the deal. Anyone willing to speculate on how such conversations might be handled ?.... Just out of curiosity of course. Thanks in advance.

Tamkid

Great news Moonraker, chuffed for you. Just checked my Spanish bank account and they have just taken 30 euros service charge i.e. 15 euros was back dated, :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Charlie dont surf

Quote from: Ivemovedon on August 06, 2018, 09:58:52 AM
2 years for us and counting...

Good news. I'm sure you've read that moonraker has got his 3% tax retention back after a two and a half year wait. That's just another six months and you could be Euros in. Oh no,  just realised you wont get a cent back as you didn't pay your NR Tax for 15 years. Unlucky chump.

Ivemovedon

Still be plenty left for a good knees up even if they deduct it with a fine. Been no mention of NR up till now and I have a very accommodating solicitor so I'm more than hopeful .

Charlie dont surf

Knees up? I didn't realise you was a Pensioner. Sorry Grandad, hope you get your money soon.

beachlife

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on August 14, 2018, 20:24:21 PM

Good news. I'm sure you've read that moonraker has got his 3% tax retention back after a two and a half year wait. That's just another six months and you could be Euros in. Oh no,  just realised you wont get a cent back as you didn't pay your NR Tax for 15 years. Unlucky chump.

There is a limit of how far back the AEAT can go back to claim any unpaid NR tax, off the top of my head its about 5 years or so not 15.

Ivemovedon

Quote from: beachlife on August 15, 2018, 08:56:54 AM
Quote from: Charlie dont surf on August 14, 2018, 20:24:21 PM

There is a limit of how far back the AEAT can go back to claim any unpaid NR tax, off the top of my head its about 5 years or so not 15.

I did know that beachlife as I was told by my solicitor. When they first asked us if they could do the paperwork ( and the resultant fees)  I told him I wasn't paying it and he said then it was only 5 years, so wouldn't be much anyway. My refusal to pay was not the money but the principle, it was a minor amount. This magnificent EU, one for all and all for one. Free movement, equal rights for all EU citizens, no preferential treatment towards indigenous populations. In fact all the things the EU zealots bang on about but ignore when it suits them.

Must be tough for the non surfer's gloating rights.