Planning Permission for Roof Terrace Enclosure

Started by Sailfish, May 15, 2013, 20:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailfish

Hi,
Wonder if someone might be able to help?
I've viewed a couple of apartments in Fuerte on my last visit, both of which have enclosed roof terraces. Unfortunately it seems neither were built with planning permission or building permits although I'm told their communities approved their construction. Could anyone advise, if I were to buy, would I be likely to get either a mortgage or insurance, would I be able to get planning permission retrospectively or could I as the new owner be liable for a nasty fine or worse.
Thanks so much :)

woe10

"Planning Permission" - Errrmm ... couldn't find that one in the Spanish Dictionary  :o

fifi

Hi Sailfish and welcome to the Forum. There is some information here which you may find of interest. :)

http://www.kanodesign.com/

Captain Sensible

If the Community hasn't got a problem with it, then it should be OK

Most extensions or covered areas don't need planning permission if they are 'temporary'.  ie made of wood that can be easily dismantled.

Truncheon Meat

I agree with the Captain. Communities are a law unto themselves when it comes to what you can or can't do and if nobody complains then generally it's OK unless of course you rent then it seems you can do what you damn well like whilst the owners have to play by the rules.