Water charges

Started by Tonev, April 24, 2013, 11:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonev

Hi all,

Just checking our bank statement and noticed our water charges are very high for February and March.

We have'nt got the bills yet so can't check to see why.

Does anyone know if there are any new charges for the past couple of months

If we need to check with the water company do they speak English.

Thanks
Tony

Can the Man

I had an issue a number of years ago with the water company overcharging, I asked my solicitors secretary to call the as she spoke fluent spanish, and I got a refund.

Part of the problem is they estimate for a number of months and then do a reading and charge for any under charges.

I have had a similar incident recently with the electricity, but they corrected it automatically, and gave me a refund the next month.

Deso

Veering off slightly, how much are the monthly standing charges for water and electricity?   :)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

DaveW

We are on the golf course water is about 26 Euros for two months when we are not there, 36 when we are. Electric is about 25 per month when we are not there and 60  when we are there.
Sure you haven't got a water leak Tonev?

Seasider

If you are on Los Arcos on the Golf Course it is bound to be a water leak. Going on our past experiences and by the number of E. Mails we have been receiving recently from the Administrators that the water is being shut off to investigate further water leaks on our community. Worth investigating it was the only way we knew we had major leaks. 
Susan Hughes

fuerte crazy

Seasider, in fairness to our Administrators, they seem to be on the ball where the leaks are concerned.  We've been lucky so far, and haven't had one but as we have a PM checking on our place regularly, hopefully we'd get to find out PDQ and get it sorted before it did too much damage.  The new adminstrators seem to be doing alot more for the community and we've found them particularly helpful especially when our electricity went off just before we arrived at Xmas.  We now pay their yearly maintenance/assistance fee and they will help deal with issues such as leaks, electricity and water problems aswell as any insurance claims etc.  It may be worth you looking into it.
FC

Seasider

Fuerte Crazy.
If I am giving an impression of knocking our administrators from my previous post. This was not my intention I agree with you they are doing an excellent job of keeping us informed. However Los Arcos as been plagued past and present by water leaks. Our leak was the pipes under our garden leading to the bungalow with no outward signs of leakage it was only when we received our water bills did we know we had a problem. They have all been replaced with no more problems.
I was just giving Tonev a possibility for  his sudden rise in  charges.
Sue 

Susan Hughes