WEALTH TAX

Started by TheCooler, February 15, 2013, 14:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCooler

I understand that I have to pay a Non residents rental tax.

Even though I am nowhere near to paying the wealth tax do I still have to

Submit a wealth tax form as an owner.

Many thanks in advance.

emmi

As far as I understand it the Wealth Tax was abolished and now it is the Non Renta Tax only.

TheCooler

Wealth tax reintroduced sept 2011
Tax free allowance €700, 000.

emmi

That's sneaky of them.  So, looks like you'll be paying both taxes then!! :D

TheCooler

I'm about €600,000 short for the wealth tax.

They should introduce a poor tax.. I might qualify.

DaveW

I don't think that wealth tax was actually abolished but set at zero percent. It has since had a positive rate set for the 700,000 + level.

Linzi

Any idea of an up to date site ,regarding tax in spain,as I understand I will have to pay tax in spain on my UK accounts interest,not in the UK

oystercatcher

Surely doesn't wealth tax only apply to people tax resident (live here 183 days per year)?  So not to non-residents?  This is a question, not an answer.

I recently saw that a tax return of assets held outside Spain has to be filed. Again I assume by tax residents only. 

Most countries have ageements with most other countries to follow a standardised approach to international tax.

The normal convention is that a country will charge its tax residents (people resident for 183 days a year) on income and assets worldwide (subject to an allowance for taxes paid outside their country) but will only charge non-residents tax on income arising (or deemed to arise!) in that country.

It would fly in the face of standardisation if a UK tax-resident Brit with a property in Spain had to pay Spanish tax on assets held (and taxable) in the UK or elsewhere other than Spain.