estate agent advice

Started by rosiehill, December 02, 2017, 15:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosiehill

Hi, I'm thinking of selling a property and have been advised to instruct more than one estate agent. Is this a good idea or wold it e better to try and get lower commission for sole estate agent but thinking then there might be problems if agent doesn't perform?

Is there anything I need to look out for in wording of contract to avoid any nasty surprises? Are contracts normally supplied in English for example?

Just want to get this right so that sale goes smoothly and there's no unforeseen problems.

thanks

Logitechtom

You haven't said what part of the island your on. The first priority is having a LOCAL agent.

If you have several agents, you will pay 5%. If you agree an exclusive deal with one agent, you will be able to negotiate a lower rate.

If the agent is English, his contract will be in English. Any contract will specify a notice period so if you are unhappy with performance, you can give notice. Beware of contracts which give the agent commission on any sale. It needs to be commission if the agent brings you the client!

Speak to Martin Bliss at Bliss Properties (Google them for email and phone).  If you are in the north, he's a good man for you.

Tom.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Logitechtom on December 02, 2017, 17:17:45 PM

Speak to Martin Bliss at Bliss Properties (Google them for email and phone).  If you are in the north, he's a good man for you.

I agree with Tom, really nice people.

Mobile 0034 680 901153

Landline 0034 928 868839

caroline@bliss-properties.com

I would also recommend

Nic Tan
Gold Acres.

Always found him scrupulously honest. { a bit frightening for an Estate Agent. }

Charlie dont surf

As someone says above, be aware of the commission you pay before you sign the contract.

Goldacre's commission terms are odd. If they introduce a client who is also registered with another agent and the client buys your property through the other agent then Goldacre will still claim commission for the sale. They told me this was normal practice with all agents.

CAMMY

Nadia at Fuerteventura Residences

Tel:  0034 928 160006

Mobile:  0034 680 85 60 77