Pareja de hecha

Started by TamaraEnLaPlaya, August 07, 2013, 00:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi
Quote from online doc I was reading: Spanish lawyers will often advise (non-married) couples to register their partnership as a pareja de hecho – couple by fact – (similar to UK common law spouse) so that they can benefit from legal and tax advantages.
The article goes on to say this is done at a Registry Office in the region and the use of this registration varies from region to region.
I've been trying to find out if this registration is appropriate in Fuerte for some friends who are due to move here shortly:
I've found a few articles dated 2012 that say the service has been suspended in Puerto del Rosario whilst some fraud cases are investigated.
The link in the La Oliva municipal website returns a 404 server error.
I can't find a 'Registry office' listed on the municipal website.
So, does anyone know if the pareja de hecho is currently available again and if so, how, when, where, how much etc? Any info gratefully received.
If it is not available, do the authorities accept a partner's word for instructions in the event of a death of one of the couple or do they insist on an official next of kin (who would be in the UK)? (This thought prompted by recent thread re cremation which Fi posted some really useful links on - thanks Fi.)
Thanks in advance.

fifi

For some reason the addresses that the forms have to be sent to wont copy and paste on here for me Tamara but they are at the end of the second  last link. One is in Tenerife and the other in Las Palmas. On the First translated link it says that the forms can be entered online with the use of a Digital signature also. You may need to scroll back to page one of the form that needs to be filled in if it is not displaying properly.

I dont know how up to date this information is. I just googled to see if I could find anything out for you. 

Good luck with it. :)

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Thanks Fi. This was one of the sites that I'd found and I still get 404 errors on some of the docs, but I can access a few more links now.
Looks nice and complicated - why am I surprised! I think I'll suggest my friends visit a lawyer for this one rather than try to attempt it themselves.  ;)
If they go ahead I'll ask them to do a step by step in English that I can post for others to use.

fifi

It might be wise to do that Tamara allright to be on the safe side.

calculator

Any update on this ?

If anyone has been through the process, what specific documents did you need ? (I know the list is in the website but that is not definitive.)