Aguas de antigua - WATER BILL

Started by Jamesy, July 20, 2020, 13:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamesy

Just has a water bill from these guys, very confusing invoice.

"FACTURA MENSUAL
(AGUA NO RESIDENTE)"

with different thresholds on use and charges (so OK fair enough) totaling 49m3

but then our ACTUAL CONSUMPTION ON THE BOTTOM 29m3, we just moved in and filled the pool, so this is expected.
THe previous month it was 1m3. We are RESIDENTS but currently registered in Puerto del Rosario and yet to go to Antigua ayutamiento.

STOOD in front of the meter, no water used whilst doing it, meter not moving => NO LEAKS

A neighbour few doors down came over and told us he's been charged also for more.

Any ideas, what next?

THanks

keithal

Jamesy  -have a look at the last two or three bills, under the box with the breakdown in it and above the bottom advert banner (assuming that you've got paper bills or the on-line equivalent). You should see a row of data relating to your meter, number, pipe diameter, and dates of the previous and current reading. At the end it should say "base fact". Under that it will say either "estim."or "real". That means either estimated bill or actual readings taken. During the lock-down it looks as though they weren't sending meter readers out but sent out an "estimated" - blind guess - bill to keep the funds rolling. You should find that over the next month or so it will all even out, itjust comes as a bit of a surprise at the time if you don't realise what's happening.
Keith

Jamesy

Hi guys, thanks for your kind advice and help. I re-checked the invoice and it looks like there is a blue box on the right hand side and it does mention "community consumption" which as it now transpires is a leak. 20M3!! that's just for our household and there are many others.

So are they "double" charging everyone in the community, so everyone pays for the same 20m3? I never came across anything like it?!

I thought only "leaks passing the meter into the property" are our responsibility?

What a pilava!

Cheers!

Jamesy

It sounds somewhat unduly unfair, as one has no control over it.

Another aspect is very poor infrastructure in the first place, ie. pipes laid at silly depth (shallow grave) and not really properly documented location.......

Will have to speak to the community administrator. Not happy, as this has happened several times before, from what I heard.

:-\

Lexeus

In La Pared they were being charged for leaks for years, and the only response the water company had was that someone had to pay for the water lost or they could just stop the supply if that was better!

Since it was in the news alot they seem to have done something to improve the situation but I don't know if they are still charging everyone a percentage of the water lost or if the government is paying for it.

I have about â,¬10 a year added on to my water bill for my percentage of the community water supply that has been lost....

Jamesy

If it was EUR20,00 I would not complain, but it's more than double of our own consumption. This "our consumption" includes filling up the pool for the 1st time.

Now on the following month's bill and another 9m3 charged to each resident. Only one neighbour approached us to flag up the complaint. At the time we did not have the bill, so couldn't see charges.

I did wonder if it is worth disconnecting the water, getting water tanks and filling up via a cistern-truck. That could jog Aguas de Antigua up a bit. I am not sure how that works here, but I would assume the infrastructure outside of our property boundary is their responsibility.

Too much power delegated to people with no accountability!

Quote from: Lexeus on August 07, 2020, 00:07:10 AM
In La Pared they were being charged for leaks for years, and the only response the water company had was that someone had to pay for the water lost or they could just stop the supply if that was better!

Since it was in the news alot they seem to have done something to improve the situation but I don't know if they are still charging everyone a percentage of the water lost or if the government is paying for it.

I have about â,¬10 a year added on to my water bill for my percentage of the community water supply that has been lost....