Broadband

Started by ontarget, January 26, 2020, 20:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ontarget

I just bought in caleta de fuste,What's the best broadband provider?

Johnrgby2

The short answer is there is not a Broadband supplier in Caleta unless you have bought on The Golf Course, and then you do not have a choice, it is Fuerta WiFi Charge for installation is 180€,¬ then 50€,¬ per month for 20 Mbps.
Should you not be on The Golf Course there are other options none of which are that good, if you are looking to use a mag box for UK tv, , let us know roughly where  you are in Caleta, and whether you are going to live here or use it as a holiday home, then we can possibly suggest other options

ontarget

In Las Arenas I have purchased, yea I would be using a dreamlink t3 or mag322 w1 for TV,

Johnrgby2

You have some options, Fuerte Wifi as previously mentioned, not Broadband but you can get the 20Mbps package for the price quoted, and if you are using it as a holiday home probably the best option as you pay as you go, Movistar will do a package that can include mobiles WIFI and Spanish tv package which we have never tried but has a poor reputation. we use Internet services, as we are permanent residents no installation charge and 46€,¬ monthly you will then need a TV package, of which there are numerous we use an English guy  Corralejo 20€,¬ monthly but it depends what you want the system we use gives you all the terrestrial channels plus most of the Sky channels including Sky sport channels, Bt sport 1, and 3, most of the channels have 7 days catch up plus around 2,000 box sets on demand and 5,000+ films.

Mr G

We use Fuerte wi fi. Usually good tv quality, have a smart tv so can use the i players, use getflix to change the dns. â,¬47 a month (10 mb/s) when we need it from Fuerte wi fi, and  Getflix £3.99 a month.
Works fine for us.

ontarget

Brilliant I have my own subs,thanks for the help I can wait to get over

Johnrgby2

Our pleasure, anything else we can help with please feel free.

ZappaRocks

I'm on Las Arenas at present and using netservice and 37 a month for 6mb

Just done a speedtest but can't see anywhere to attach a screenshot but it's 1.30mb download and 0.16 upload, so that gives you idea of their service unless you pay more. My neighbour has Orange broadband 20mb, Movistar broadband standard is from 8 to 12mb but through it's sister group Fusion offer 20mb, hop0e that helps
Try to educate a fool and you become one

Johnrgby2

Quote from: ZappaRocks on February 03, 2020, 19:58:58 PM
I'm on Las Arenas at present and using Netservice and 37 a month for 6mb

Just done a speed test but can't see anywhere to attach a screenshot but it's 1.30mb download and 0.16 upload, so that gives you an idea of their service unless you pay more. My neighbour has Orange broadband 20mb, Movistar broadband standard is from 8 to 12mb but through it's sister group Fusion offer 20mb, hop0e that helps

I am the mountain, we pay 46â,¬ for 24Mbps, and we almost constantly get 20+ currently, and I have just checked it we are getting 22 d/load snd 4.6 u/load for the sake of 9â,¬ per month seems value to me as you are getting nothing for your 37â,¬, I must admit that initially I had some battles with them, but these days it is fine.

ZappaRocks

If you can get 20 then there's no reason I can't have 6 without having to pay more, many operators are known to do this deliberately to get more cash out of you, besides 37 is more than enough on my budget with things being so quiet at the moment
Try to educate a fool and you become one

Lexeus

I cant believe that anyone still needs to use the WiMAX service, just use 4G internet or even 5G very soon. I have been using Vodafone 4G for almost 5 years down South with no problems.

Currently you can get a fully unlimited SIM for â,¬25/month for the first year

https://www.vodafone.es/c/particulares/es/productos-y-servicios/movil/contrato/tarifas-contrato/