Non resident tax

Started by Davygray, December 11, 2018, 20:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davygray

I have filled in a 210 tax form for my wife and I, this is the first time we have tried to pay using the 210 form putting Spanish bank account details on form. Done this over a week ago no deduction from bank account, is the Spanish tax system slow to take money or do I have take copy of pdf to bank to pay.   

spitfire58

I think you have to pay it at a bank

beachlife

You can pay by bank transfer. I assume you filled in the section which requires you to fill in your bank details.

It can take some time for them to deduct the amount from your account.

Make sure you keep checking your bank account and when you see the amount deducted make sure you keep a copy of the account when the tax was taken from your account and keep it with the copy of the tax documents you have printed out.

Its why its better if you can pay by cash at the bank. Also, it's not a good idea giving your bank details to the Spanish authorities as they have been known to dip into them to take what they consider you owe without your permission and it's much harder to get it back from them.

spitfire58

Quote from: beachlife on December 13, 2018, 16:39:25 PM
You can pay by bank transfer. I assume you filled in the section which requires you to fill in your bank details.

It can take some time for them to deduct the amount from your account.

Make sure you keep checking your bank account and when you see the amount deducted make sure you keep a copy of the account when the tax was taken from your account and keep it with the copied of the tax documents you have printed out.

Its why its better if you can pay by cash at the bank. Also, it's not a good idea giving your bank details to the Spanish authorities as they have been known to dip into them to take what they consider you owe without your permission and it's much harder to get it back from them.

“Also, it's not a good idea giving your bank details to the Spanish authorities as they have been known to dip into them to take what they consider you owe without your permission and it's much harder to get it back from them.”

Surely that is illegal, even in Spain

beachlife

It`s why most of the Spanish pay all their bills in cash Spitfire. Not sure about the legality of it, but it has happened to someone I know. Even if you tried to go down the legal route the wheels of the Spanish system make the UK system look as if it's on speed.

spitfire58

Thanks beachlife & Cds, good to know 😁😁

Snowdrop

We have been on gov site this morn to try and find form to print off (didn`t want to do electronically) but simply cannot find where the form is.
Can any anyone help locate the form?
Many thanks

beachlife

You can`t get the paper form anymore. You have to complete the form online and get it verified.

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/es13/h/ie32100b.html?idi=En

Also load it with IE and make sure you have updated java.

Snowdrop

Quote from: beachlife on December 17, 2018, 12:22:11 PM
You can`t get the paper form anymore. You have to complete the form online and get it verified.

Thank you very much beach life 🙂 last question 🙂 how do we get it verified?

beachlife

Quote from: Snowdrop on December 18, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
Quote from: beachlife on December 17, 2018, 12:22:11 PM

Thank you very much beach life 🙂 last question 🙂 how do we get it verified?

Complete the form online first. Then there is a submit button click on it, the form goes to tax office their system immediately checks it if it has been completed correctly,  it is verified and you can then print out the forms.

If for some reason there is something wrong the system will give an error message and often tells you which section it needs amending once you correct that and submit the form again.

Hope that helps

Snowdrop

Beachlife - thank you so much 😀

beachlife