Documents to carry in the car??

Started by Logitechtom, December 16, 2017, 21:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logitechtom

Hi all,. As quite a new car owner in Fuerteventura, I'm a bit confused about exactly which documents and other items I need to carry in the car whilst driving. Every website I look at gives me a slightly different answer!!

So, anyone want to offer an answer (complete with a detailed list)?

Many websites mention carrying spare lamps, but other websites say that is no longer a requirement. However I've spotted a requirement to carry a spare pair of glasses (if you normally wear glasses for driving) - I'm bringing over a spare pair on my next trip (I always hang on to my previous pair)!!

TIA.

Tom.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Logitechtom on December 16, 2017, 21:47:22 PM
Hi all,. As quite a new car owner in Fuerteventura, I'm a bit confused about exactly which documents and other items I need to carry in the car whilst driving. Every website I look at gives me a slightly different answer!!

So, anyone want to offer an answer (complete with a detailed list)?

Many websites mention carrying spare lamps, but other websites say that is no longer a requirement. However I've spotted a requirement to carry a spare pair of glasses (if you normally wear glasses for driving) - I'm bringing over a spare pair on my next trip (I always hang on to my previous pair)!!

TIA.

Tom.

Morning Tom

Like yourself, I have seen many contradicting lists, so I carry all the documentation relating to the vehicle, plus a spare pair of glasses { I did that in The UK anyway} and a High viz and a warning triangle, My understanding on lamps is it was never a requirement, and I have never carried them.

Windermeregolfer

Not yet a car owner over here so not quite sure of the definitive list but I have seen somewhere about 2 warning triangles and having seen a breakdown near El Matorral on Friday where a triangle was used in each direction I suspect 2 is not a bad policy, as is the high vis vest.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

I use this link for traffic Qs. The info is verified by Spanish police/guardia trafico.
http://n332.es/faq-list/

The Guardia Trafico from the N332 area also have a Facebook page they post in English, which has topical and useful info:
https://www.facebook.com/DrivingSpain/