The Crazy Goats

Started by spongebob squarepants, August 21, 2014, 22:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spongebob squarepants

Anyone know where the band that until recently were playing at Corner Rock have gone since the management of said establishment decided to commit commercial suicide and make themselves like a hundred other places in Corrie ?

SheilaW

I'm afraid it isn't good news. I believe the base player, Danny, has gone back to the UK. The drummer just isn't drumming - he has a day job so I suppose it isn't so much of a blow for him. Alan, on lead vocals and guitar, is set to play regularly at Rock Island from September so hopefully will get by. But we've all seen the last of Crazy Goats, I'm afraid. It's a real blow. It's certainly one restaurant I'll never see the inside of. We'd already fallen out with the manager (owner? I don't know) but the music was great.

OTOH, there's a new band playing three times a week at 7 Pints, Cover Up, headed by Eva who has a great voice, with another great voice, Dave Hedley, on guitar, plus a Hungarian drummer and an Italian bass player. I believe they're on every Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

spongebob squarepants

Thanks for the useful info Sheila - I was beginning to despair that these forums were becoming nursery school time with so many idiotic posts by knob-heads who must have too much time on their hands.

Is Dave Hedley the same Dave that used to play at Rock Island and sometimes played with the Crazy Goats at Corner Rock?

I guess Corner Rock's loss is Rock Island's gain.

SheilaW

Same Dave Hedley, yes. As you say, it's RIB's gain, but Corralejo has lost a fine venue. Still, that's normal here and it looks as though 7 Pints will be filling their shoes quite nicely.

Plus ça change etc :).

spongebob squarepants

Quote from: SheilaW on August 23, 2014, 09:36:48 AM
Same Dave Hedley, yes. As you say, it's RIB's gain, but Corralejo has lost a fine venue. Still, that's normal here and it looks as though 7 Pints will be filling their shoes quite nicely.

Plus ça change etc :).
Great - looks like 7 Pints and Rock Island will be getting the contract for our beer supply late evening when we go in September - oops that's the subject of another thread (talking of daft threads !)

meggie

Hi Sheila am i right in thinking that 7 pints was shut down for quite a long time and if im right when did it re-open.

SheilaW

Quote from: meggie on August 25, 2014, 18:01:49 PM
Hi Sheila am i right in thinking that 7 pints was shut down for quite a long time and if im right when did it re-open.
You're right that it shut, though I don't know why. I also have no idea when it reopened; I mean, I was here but I didn't record the date ;). But I gather it's still run by the same person/people