2012 Fuerteventura Calendar

Started by Captain Sensible, December 30, 2011, 13:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pescatore

great thread many thanks

pescatore

Hi all, just a quick question about Los Molinos and those little houses close to the shore, don't those houses get battered by swells and surf?

Captain Sensible

The family of a Spanish friend of ours,owns one of them and they´ve never mentioned any problems down there.  I think that the steeply shelving pebble beach offers a lot of protection.

Captain Sensible

The Candelaria festivities are on in La Oliva and Gran Tarajal this week.  A holiday in those areas on Thursday - it´s a big religious day with processions.  Before and after Thursday there´s events, parties and other celebrations.

Captain Sensible

It´s the III Bombazo Latino La Oliva 2012 in the Plaza in La Oliva tonight from 11pm.  Admission is 5 euros to see 3 groups - Combo Dominicano from Gran Canaria, Malibu Band (Tenerife) and Grupo Bomba from Fuerteventura.

At 5pm today, Union Puerto play Hurazan Z at the Los Pozos ground in Puerto del Rosario. 4 euros admission.

honkeytonk

Brilliant photo's captain keep them coming.
jill d

Charlie dont surf

Does anyone know if the date for the 2012 music festival in Cotillo has been confirmed?

Captain Sensible

I haven´t heard anything yet.  It´s usually April time when it gets a mention.  If it´s on it´s usually the first weekend in July.

Charlie dont surf

Thanks for that. Looking forward to it and would like to get some friends over for it, the Irish band last year were a hoot!

duckworth

Great post. Thanks a lot. Caleta de Fuste in 77 really IS weird. my fav is Betancuria, though.Interesting for the travels is may. We haven't ever been there that time of year. The Antigua Craft Fair looks interesting. Hopefully we'll catch that.

little legs

is there a car rally this year? went to one a couple of years ago but i think it was in november time we saw it.

Captain Sensible

Yes, there will be car rallies on the island, but I haven´t seen the published dates yet.  They link in with the Fiestas in the various towns.

When I know the dates I´ll put them on the Calendar.

calmaza

Great pics, arriving 21/04/12 really excited.

http://www.50plus.singlescrowd.com

Noah

Hello! I like your Photos Captain. Fuerteventura is a paradise!!!!!!!! :D

admin

Lava Rock Kids Lajares Gig:

iggychap60

I'm new to this site, but my family and I love Fuerteventura, mainly the costa calma area, we have visited on three occasions and intend more visits.  Just thought I'd say, the pics are wonderful.

Captain Sensible

A good event to watch!

azuldan

Any more info about any San Juan Bautista Fiestas in June?

Captain Sensible

azuldan

Captain Sensible

There´s a Chess tournament on at the Atlantico Centre, Caleta de Fuste this weekend:

SheilaW

"9 June - Car Rally at the Slalom Circuit, Antigua. First race 12.15 and 2nd race at 15.00"

We'd really lie to go to this, but can't find te circuit on Google Earth or elsewhere. Any tips, anyone? Is it signposted from Antigua centre or on the way there from Corralejo?

Will be our first visit "inland" - do we need to take machetes, a tent and emergency rations, or is it quite civilised?[:)]

Sheila

Captain Sensible

The raly circuit is at Los Alares, which is just south of Caleta de Fuste (between Las Salinas and Pozo Negro.  As you drive down the FV-2 it´s on the right.
[iframe]?=28.37341088753008,%20-13.930857181549072=14=Antigua (Los Alares) circuit=roadmap[/iframe]

SheilaW

Found it, thanks, and had a good time there. Nice to see that sort of racing again and a really fantastic spot for it.

For those who don't know about it, it's against-the-clock around a very twisty dirt track. Here, almost the whole of the track from start to finish is in a bowl, with the spectators on raised ground around it. There are three cars out on the track, so there's always something going on. Mind you, the dust they raise (despite the damping down done by a lorry) means that they do sometimes disappear in a cloud, particularly when they have a bit of an off.

I think it may be called "rally sprint" in the UK, but I'm not sure. I used to do the same sport in the UK many years ago, but on tarmac rather than dirt. We called it a "twisty sprint" then, or a "hill-climb" if the track did, in fact, go uphill all or most of the way.

Great fun, even if you don't participate.

Sheila

Captain Sensible

These are a couple of pictures I took at the circuit last year:

Captain Sensible

There are a lot of Fiestas on this weekend:

1. San Pedro in Guisgey
2. San Pedro Pescador in Las Playitas
3. Sagrado Corazon in Puerto del Rosario
4. San Marcial in Majada Marcial in Puerto del Rosario
5. San Buenaventura in Betancuria
6. Ntra. Snra. de Regla in Pajara.

Sunday evening would be a good time to visit Pajara, as there's a traditional Romaria and Baile de Taifas from 5pm onwards.

Captain Sensible

It´s the free Fuerteventura en Musica Concert this weekend in El Cotillo.

Captain Sensible

The Moscow Ballet are performing Sleeping Beauty in the Puerto del Rosario Auditorium at 9pm on Friday 20 July 2012.

Captain Sensible

Tomorrow sees the start of free Beach games on the main Caleta de Fuste beach and at the Atlantico Commercial Centre beach in Caleta.

Bouncy castles, activities from 10am - 1.30pm, with a foam party on the main Caleta beach.

They are on every Friday during July and August.

Captain Sensible

There is a Summer Sports Weekend at the Atlantico Commercial Centre in Caleta de Fuste this weekend 13-15 July.