New Bus Discount card, 'bono', available from 5th November

Started by Captain Sensible, October 27, 2018, 10:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Sensible

From the 5th November a new discount bus card, 'bono', will be available for residents.  The card will allow unlimited travel on the buses for 20â,¬ a month.  You have to apply through the Cabildo offices.

https://www.ondafuerteventura.es/fuerteventura-implanta-bono-residente-canario/

GSD Girl

Captain, Am I right to assume the usual 'top up on the bus' cards are still the same?

Captain Sensible

GSD Girl

Thanks. My friends are using mine for the next three weeks. The lucky things 8)

Lexeus

What is this card you speak of? An alternative to using cash I presume, like the london oyster card? Any info would be great, I don't often need to use the bus but it's good to know :)

Lexeus

I had a flyer in the post from the Cabildo a few months ago detailing discounts available for the bus.

It says:
Non-Residents 5% discount
Residents 30% to 70% discount
Students (16-28) â,¬1/trip
Pensioners (Age 65+) â,¬1/trip
Age 80+ FREE
Disabled (2people) â,¬1/trip
Large Family 20% discount PLUS any other discount above

Anyone got the Resident card? Can you get it from the bus driver?

Captain Sensible

My children have got the residents card.

You can download the application form on this page and take it to the Cabildo Office with the correct paperwork/photo - http://www.cabildofuer.es/cabildo/areas-tematicas/transportes-y-comunicaciones/

Lexeus

Thanks for the info, do they charge more than â,¬2 for it?

Captain Sensible

Logitechtom

Once you have collected your Resident's Bus Pass, the first time you present it to the bus driver, he wants two euros for the card, plus whatever amount you want to credit to the card (multiples of ten euros).

Discount on short journeys is 30% and 50% on longer journeys.

Tom.

GSD Girl

We use our cards all the while when we are over. Saves having to worry about having cash all the while and there is a small discount on journies too. 5% I think. You just top them up on the bus with the amount you want on your card when you run low.

whispa

I've had my card from the Cabildo for over two years, but never used it!! Will I need to renew it now or is it still OK? With those discounts for us silver surfers be silly not to!! Hope someone can tell me. Also not sure but would I be allowed to travel with my dog on the bus? Many thanks for any help.
Cheers Freda
whispa

Captain Sensible

The card and the credit don't run out over time.

Dogs aren't allowed on buses.

whispa

whispa

dampsquib

Is the â,¬1 fare for over 65s mentioned by Lexeus, a residents-only discount, or can OAP tourists benefit from it too?

Captain Sensible

dampsquib

That's a pity.
Many thanks though for the info and link, Capt'n.