TV Player buffereing

Started by keithtx, November 16, 2018, 08:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithtx

We access UK TV using TV Player via latest amazon fire TV, and getflix dns in our movistar router. We get a speed of around 8mp or more. We nearly always have buffering. But when we access say BBC 1 via iplayer via app on our Samsung TV we don't get the buffering. Thinking of getting an android TV streamer from ebay to replace the fire TV. Can pick them up for around £30. Anyone have suggestions or similar problems? Thanks

spitfire58

Hi Keith,
We also use TV Player but through an Apple box both in U.K. & Fuerte when we are out there. TBH I think the problem is more likely to be the App or more precisely the TV player system itself than your internet service.
Have you had a look at the reviews on the TV player blog/forum, they are pretty dire !!
Having said that, I still think that for someone who wants to “plug & play” & not have all the faffing about with looking for new streams for an android player that TV player is still the best of what`s out there & it is legal whereas most if not all of the Android streams (as far as I know) are not.

keithtx

Thanks for the quick reply spitfire. What I was planning to do is swap my fire TV for an android box and still use TV Player but hoping the android box would not buffer. Also it should be more flexible ie could download similar apps to the box which is not so easy with fire TV. Do you suffer with buffering? Cheers... Keith

spitfire58

No buffering in the U.K. but then we have average 100mbt download. Out there we are with Net Services as we are out in the middle of the island. We had a 4mbt service & did get major buffering (especially in the evenings when it was regularly down to zero point something download) but that was across everything including Netflix so we upped it to the 10mbt download & it is a lot better (evenings generally not below 2mbt) still the occasional buffering but not significant, we still however get the TV player service dropping a channel completely saying internet service has dropped or stream has dropped & we get exactly the same in U.K. with our 100mbt so that`s why I say I think it is more the actual player than the internet. HTH . . Cheers . . Ron