Ryanair's hot breakfast

Started by paully, October 10, 2018, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paully

Came out to the island last week on a silly O clock departure from Leeds.. surprisingly Ryanair offer a hot breakfast on this early flights...The food offerings at Leeds being largely awful, we opted for it..

Sure not the best I've had but you get 2 sausages, bacon and small amounts of tomato, white pudding and hash brown..2 slices of very nice brown bread with butter and marmalade, orange juice and coffee for 10e..

The crew, who were very pleasant and helpful on the flight asked us what time we wanted it serving and duly obliged...a good flight, inner beast refuelled and 30 mins early arrival all for £25...😁😁

Won't suit everyone and not available from all bases, but worth a try if you get chance...

Although this will meet with disapproval from some here, it might be of use to others

I HATE computer thingyss

zedzedeleven

Back in the day it was the done thing to complain about airline food. As far  as I am concerned I never had a bad meal, never mind the "disgusting" or "pigswill" description I have heard others calling the same food I have eaten and enjoyed. Just the chatterati striving to be perceived as eminent food critics and not the frightened ignorami they really are. Glad you enjoyed your meal Paully. Just got back from San Sebastian , only an hour and a half flight but I welcomed the bacon butty and cup of tea.
Mentor to the boneheads.

Charlie dont surf

Quote from: zedzedeleven on October 10, 2018, 14:35:04 PM
Back in the day it was the done thing to complain about airline food. As far  as I am concerned I never had a bad meal, never mind the "disgusting" or "pigswill" description I have heard others calling the same food I have eaten and enjoyed. Just the chatterati striving to be perceived as eminent food critics and not the frightened ignorami they really are. Glad you enjoyed your meal Paully. Just got back from San Sebastian , only an hour and a half flight but I welcomed the bacon butty and cup of tea.

Nice place San Sebastián, especially off season. You sort of get the best of all worlds with the Medieval Quarter for the amazing Pintxos bars, the calmer horseshoe beach for swimming and then the wild surfers beach on the other side. Did you venture up the top of Monte Urgull? There's an incredible English cemetery in the middle of the woods up there with a few graves of the Unknown British soldiers who helped the Basque's fight Napoleon's army during the Peninsular war. It's quite a spiritual spot as its deadly quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city below. A great trip to do is Bilbao for a few nights and then take the bus to San Sebastián which only takes an hour. The Anchoa bar in San Sebastián attracts people from all over the world. The walls are covered with the photos of celebrities who have visited during the famous film festival. It's anchovy heaven.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on October 10, 2018, 15:45:56 PM
Quote from: zedzedeleven on October 10, 2018, 14:35:04 PM

Nice place San Sebastián, especially off season. You sort of get the best of all worlds with the Medieval Quarter for the amazing Pintxos bars, the calmer horseshoe beach for swimming and then the wild surfers beach on the other side. Did you venture up the top of Monte Urgull? There's an incredible English cemetery in the middle of the woods up there with a few graves of the Unknown British soldiers who helped the Basque's fight Napoleon's army during the Peninsular war. It's quite a spiritual spot as its deadly quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city below. A great trip to do is Bilbao for a few nights and then take the bus to San Sebastián which only takes an hour. The Anchoa bar in San Sebastián attracts people from all over the world. The walls are covered with the photos of celebrities who have visited during the famous film festival. It's anchovy heaven.
Yes, it is a nice place, I always feel it`s very peaceful, not tranquil as as such but everyone is polite and smiling. I stopped on the Boulevard in an apartment above a bakery, just across from the bandstand. I spend a lot of time just mooching about in the old town or strolling along the prom. I went up mount ergul a few years ago, now there is a bus goes up to the top. The film festival was on while I was there and Judy Dench seemed to get featured a lot on the local telly. Lots of red carpets outside the posher hotels but no matter how long I lingered I never got "discovered" ! Not a cheap holiday though, accommodation is very expensive, you could stay in Fuerte for a fortnight for the price of a week in SS
Mentor to the boneheads.

Charlie dont surf

Sounds swell ZZ. Can you imagine what the place was like back in the Hollywood glory days. Jack Nicholson, Angelica Huston and way back Bette Davis was a regular in the city during the film festival. The buzz must have been electric. Agree with you about the accommodation prices though. Don't think it's ever been cheap but they're all cashing in now & there's nothing under â,¬120 a night. Fuerteventura can certainly match the place for the beaches and the weather but not the food or the culture. Can't have it all though eh. Although, I saw Sacha Baron Cohen in El Cotillo once and Christian Bale and Ridley Scott were in the Lagoons up at the lighthouse a few years ago.