R2 Pajara Costa Calma

Started by Banzai, May 24, 2008, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai

Second Visit ,very well kept Hotel ,few hyperactive Dutch Kids ,(a bit like British but less Gobby)first week ,but most kids second week German therefore well behaved.Pleasant staff ,most East European ,few Spanish/Italian,little English spoken ,so learn German before you go,no problem unless you have a problem !!,Entertainment very weak ,but we knew that from Dec 06,only detioration was that sweet selection after 8.45 was very poor ,late eaters had virtually no choice,otherwise a great holiday ,grounds and rooms kept immaculate. As usual the mossies got us !! If you have a ground floor Appt dont leave door open as while sleeeping one couple had bag and contents stolen while asleep !Most guests German a few English ,no morons ,ideal for a relaxing break.
Banzai !

clarelou

we are going there for a week on saturday. really looking forward to some relaxing and sun. will hunt out a german phrase book though, haha.
i read on a review that proper shoes and long trousers for men have to be worn in the restaurant, are they very strick with this?  are smart sandals accepted?

Banzai

everyone wears sandals ,didnt know that rule ,i live in sandals ,yes trousers are reqd in evening but some wear the "long shorts" you know the 3 inch above ankle variety ,i just change straight after meal back into shorts ,grounds are kept first class and maid service excellent ,if shower gel runs out just place empty bottle by bath and its refilled ,enjoy your holiday !!!a lot of east european staff all polite and smile ,barman in lower bar excellent ,worth a tip at end of holiday ,they probably wont tell you but you are entitled to one free visit to sauna etc per wk of stay !! we didnt bother but looks nice ,as always on beach there wasnt enough time for us .Tell us after how you got on !!!
Banzai !

Banzai

3.5 weeks time we will be there !
Just need some sun here first in the UK to brown up a bit on Studland Beach,got 4hrs and a quick dip 10 days ago !
Banzai !

Kenny Carr

I have booked this particular Hotel, based on the cracking reviews on Trip Adviser. Anything I do need to look out for Banzai?

Arrive 12th September and counting the seconds as I type this[:D]

Banzai

Had great time Kenny,it seems since May they are allowing shorts at Dinner,inceasing numbers on our second week ,i checked in reception but they said "not possible" BUT it was !! maybe the news hadnt reached them . Our safe played up ,we had new batteries fitted (exacly same as last year) then called out Technical ,within 5 mins was there oiling safe mech ,very very obliging. No Problems for you to worry about ,the Spar supermarket is 10 mins away (a little one) just across from Tindaya ,just cut through hedge by path along past playpark and you will see it to the right down steps (it may close sunday,the others further away will be open),ideal for sun cream/oil/water  only 1.2 Euro for 5 litres,a few tried to refill bottles in restaurant but really not worth trouble if you use a lot ,you get 2 little bottles in fridge upon arrival and you can take a cupfull from bar if you need it.most staff speak little English ,but will understand you and answer in German ,Ray a waiter on outside terrace does speak good english however. Never saw our rep but departure times of bus will be in folder near reception. Room numbers are confusing but just remember top floor is level 1,reception where you enter is 3,entertaiment bar 5,restaurant and bar is 6,garden appts are 7,8 and 9.
     One thing it happened to us last year and another client,then to us again twice this May...you return to room 9.30pm..nothing then return later to see evelope on phone flashing,panic sets in as you think there is a problem as reception will have no message but say maybe someone called from UK,if clarified they say maybe error it just means someone called your room,pick up phone wait 30secs and it stops .i dont know if its a con to get you to use their phone or really is an error,but i just texted my son and no prob so if it happens to you i would ignore it.
 If your Shower gel runs out in bathroom just detatch bottle and leave on side of bath and the maid refills it ,no problem. Have a great time        !! PS Beds Creak but are very comfortable ![:0]

We have just over 6mths before returning for Xmas & New Year !![:D]
Banzai !

Banzai

another 2 weeks and we will be there !
Banzai !

Banzai

Lived up to expectation,Good fireworks as well on New Yr ,so good we are booked for this Xmas and New Yr again !!!
Banzai !

Kenny Carr

quote:
Originally posted by Banzai

Lived up to expectation,Good fireworks as well on New Yr ,so good we are booked for this Xmas and New Yr again !!!

Might nip over as we are there for this New Year as well!![:)]

lee20

LOTS OF NUDISTS! NOT ENOUGH BAR STAFF. EVENING ENTERTAINMENT DIRE BUT OVERALL A GOOD HOLIDAY FOR RELAXING AND DE-STRESSING! WEATHER HOT WITH COOLING WINDS.

Banzai

Another wonderful stay over Xmas /New Yr (6th visit) Lot of French as well as Germans and other Nationalities,wonderful weather ,immaculately kept as before ,seating on terrace does need upgrading and more cushions ,and entertainment is Dire !!! the Duo ..well name says it all,glad to see Piano Bar open again ,another chap on Piano/keys ,but finished 10pm ,too early,needs a coffee machine there too. Great Food and new Yrs eve excellent ,Smoke ban in lower bar came in Jan 2nd thank goodness ,this bar could do with smarter furniture ,although comfy looks a stark bar with terrible piped music that just repeats. Will go again ,lovelly staff and welcoming.
Banzai !

holly99

Hi Banzai

I am going back at the end of Jan- to Costa Calma that is- are there any new shops yet- in the Bahia.

I have not previously seen many French people there- I will have to listen out. It is usually all German

Cant wait- lets hope there is no Ash
Aahh........

Banzai

Hi Holly, Only about 1 new since May ,as far as i can see an expensive bag shop,nothing on upstairs level yet at all.We saw a good few French last Xmas ,dont normally experience them ,mainly German/East European/Spanish (after Xmas) and Italian at Tindaya,absolutely wonderful weather and calm seas ,enjoy your stay.Loads walking up to Gorriones and little breeze till pm for any windsurfing etc ,but one day they had a strong southerly wind and boy was it hot ,no rain at all.Plenty of regular faces(and other parts !)Such a relaxing place.
Banzai !

Island Beach

Any hints of good hotel we can stay at?
After breaking both arms last year I really need a nice relaxing holiday.
My son is 6 and step daughter 21,
I am 50 Years old but want to know best place we should look at?
I will also be looking around at retirement/ holiday home to buy, but really need to check out area.
Apart from having many Germans, how much better us the Costa Calma resort then say Correlejo area?
Please any advice welcome . We aim to be going all inclusive.
Is there good transport from costa Calma to Correlejo?

holly99

It is an individual choice as to what sort of town you want to stay in. Some people think Caleta is best , some Corrie - and a few Costa Calma. CC is not visited by many English people, all of the Hotels are 4* so equally as good.

If you want to see what the area is like, you will not see it inside a AI complex. You may be better staying in an apartment and going out to eat. this also puts some money into the town and hopefully keeps the small restaurants open.

There are many threads on this forum where people say which area they like best.

I am sure you will enjoy it
Aahh........

Banzai

Island Beach,  Costa Calma isnt much of a "Town" but its paradise as far as beach goes,and inside a good AI Hotel makes it great,personal choice ,some can self cater in CC but unless you are a long stay  an AI is the best in our opinion ,never reccomend to someone though unless you know their taste is similar ,for Beach ,Naturism and good Hotels CC is great ,for nightlife i dont think so .Plenty of english do go to CC but not to extent of Germans ,same applies to Jandia .
Banzai !

Banzai

Looking forward to Xmas & New Year again at Pajara but worried that on Trip Advisor in Sept/Oct Thomas Cook guests had to go to different hotels due to overbooking...it had better not happen to us !!!! 7th visit !
Banzai !