Naturist friendly Corralejo Bar review

Started by SoCal, April 28, 2014, 22:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal

A bow to the T-man for finding this naturist friendly bar / nude bar. My aim today was to confirm his claim.

Location: Directly on the beach, the first bar north of the 2 large RUI hotels in Corralejo. (It would be funny if this was actually not the bar to which the T-man was referring.) Very tiny

Atmosphere: It is on the beach with some pretty good waves. Lots of surfers even on a Monday. Three plastic tables a couple surfboards that can be used as table and or chairs surround this tiny bar. Very small.

Food and Drink: only some cold sandwiches, frozen dessert , a couple beers, but a slew of cocktails offerings. My ham and cheese sandwich was very good, fairly priced and more generous than 2 panini one gets at the popular local bakery here in El Cotillo. (Side comment: the non-store bread here on the island is fantastic.)  I chose some red canned beer over the Tropical. Strong and I should have stopped at two, but I was hot and dehydrated.  Can't speak about the cocktails, but the very happy sedate Brits at the other table really liked their cocktails and told the server they were the best on the island.

Service: you go to the enclosed bar, order and server brings it to your table outside the bar. Cash only.

Nudist component: Instead of forcing the issue, I chose to order while wearing a wrap and asked the pleasant woman if it was okay to be a naturista at the bar. She said, "I don't have a problem, but I don't know about them." She then indicated to the tourists sitting at a table. Of course I don't care what the tourists think because it is the bar's discretion that counts.  So I placed my wrap on the chair, sat down and drank my beer. She served me my sandwich with a smile.  Twice I got up to order another beer, sin wrap, and there was no issue. A few Italians passed me, one saying something about "It is crazy."  But they later showed up, asked to use a couple of my empty chairs and were very pleasant when I offered my table to them.  They preferred sitting around the surfboard table closer to the water.

While I was completely nude, no one else on the beach was. At most, some women in the area were topless. But being very comfortable in my skin, quite exhausted from a bike ride and hike and given the wonderful feeling the Sun has on one's body, I never thought about covering up once the server said it was okay.

In reality, your experience may be different than mine. Firstly, it was a Monday and well past Easter so the number of folks who were at the sunbeds or came to the bar was pretty small (including kids with parents – GASP!)  And secondly, with no visible tan lines, the bar server seemed to be a naturist or semi-naturist herself.  However, at one point, a male server, who never smiled, entered the bar and started talking to her. He completely ignored me even when I went to order my last beer. I think most or the folks passing by, all textiles, were a bit surprised, but not overly so. Only one guy sitting at the bar stool may have tried to say something.  He was smoking in my face, so I completely blew him off and he didn't press it. 

In short, it was a fantastic experience: feeling the Sun and having a nice drink and something to eat. I would definitely return. If you visit, please tell the server one major reason you are at the bar is because of its famous naturist friendly attitude. Because at this point – this tiny bar really is famous.

Sunbed review: with a wrap on, I asked the guy running the sun beds that are between the hotel and the bar about full nudity. He said, no dice. You are expected to wear something on the bottom. Many women were topless, but none were completely nude. The T-man's experience appears to be a one-off.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

hairybiker

How far north of the Tres Islas would this be?  100M?  500?  Beyond the bukers before Flag Beach or after?

I ask because the bar about 100-200M away was removed/destroyed between when I was there in June and November last year, although the concrete pad was still there. It never did much business whenever I went past and was closed a lot of the time.

SoCal

Looks like the one 100-200 m north has risen from the sands and is ready to serve all.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

sunpics

8) I Know this bar the old one was twice the size but after the Riu Oliva Beach Hotel and many others in Corry went all inclusive I think they down sized, its been this size for maybe three years now.
I always cover up on approaching the bar as to not offend anyone. But I would be ok with any one being nude at the bar. But if more were nude I would also not bother covering up.
I used the bar for ice cream the did some walls orange ice lolly's great a cooling down.
The beach bars have got fewer over the past fifteen years, it is sad but the all inclusive hotels have killed off the little bars. cheers all Sunpics  :-*