RIU Palace Jandia

Started by fizzy lemonade, September 23, 2018, 20:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizzy lemonade

We've just returned from a great stay at the Riu Tres Islas just outside Corralejo, I'd expect to return next year in either June or August as our daughter who is still in school would be with us but as we had a very good Riu experience, also considering the Riu Palace Jandia so my questions are,

1. Are there still a number of people nude north & south of the Riu hotels in Corralejo in June & August, as long as there are a handful, we are happy

2. Can anyone comment on the location of the Riu Palace Jandia as regards the naturist beaches, I've no knowledge of the area but happy to give it a chance if the location is desirable from a naturist perspective

Thanks

Logitechtom

North of the Corralajo hotel, many nudists once you have got a short distance away from the hotel.

As for Jandia, can't help, sorry, just know that my three holidays in Jadia were enough for me to stick to the north end!

Tom.

fizzy lemonade

Thanks. so just to confirm, July & August on both the Dunes & Flag beach is still very nude friendly (we've only visited in September, which is our preferred time to visit?)
Only looking for confirmation because I've no desire to be the only nude on the beach, once there are a few others, it's fine.

Why were you put off Jandia?

Logitechtom

Nudists there January to December!

Jandia:
1. Didn't feel Spanish.
2. Not a lot to see and do.
3. Hotel (Faro Jandia) was 99% German guests with entertainment to suit  their tastes.
4. 90 minute drive from airport (after three hours at airport and four hour flight)!
5. Walks were limited to beach or uphill on roads/footpaths, neither of which suited my wife.

Only a personal opinion, so please don't anyone take offence. I'm sure there are many who just love Jandia, but I much prefer the north (esp. Cotillo).

Tom

paully

Hi Fizzy

August is very hit and miss for nuddies, certainly in the North..We`ve been there is July and not that many tbh..Out of school holidays its business as usual..Can`t speak for the south as I don`t have much experience but anecdotally its supposed to be roughly the same all year round. We have used Costa Calma area in the past and found the beaches excellent although not much to do..Corralejo it aint....Hope this helps
I HATE computer thingyss

Magoo

Fizzy. I believe that the rule of thumb in Jandia is 'Anywhere North of the lighthouse is fine' The Rio is South unfortunately. The Tinternet is playing up at the moment so I can`t fire up Google Earth to measure it.  In any case, the beach around the lighthouse is huge and exposed, and does not get more sheltered until you hit the town limits.  I would recommend a hire car as Esquinzo is only 5min up the road or â,¬10 by taxi.

fizzy lemonade

Thanks folks,
Magoo, recommend any good standard hotels in good location with easy waking access to best beaches, don't mind walking, reasonably young & fit

bedouin

SBH Club Paraiso Playa is within walking distance of some lovely beaches, including Mal Nombre where there are naturist sunbeds for rent.  There are lots of steps down to the beach (worse coming back up!).  The hotel is a bit tired, but the restaurant is fairly good for a budget all-inclusive. I've stayed there 3 times, but I always have a car and drive up to the Sotavento beach.

Magoo

Stayed once at the SBH PP. Good location for access to 'wilder' parts of the beach while within walking distance to sunbed areas. A bit of a wind tunnel as far as I remember. We usually stay at the Monte Marina naturist apartments, but they were full this year, so we stayed at the Monte del mar apartments across the road.  Basically the same type of accommodation but textile, cheaper as well.
They do self catering and half board. A car is an advantage here, as otherwise you are hostage to taxi drivers toget into town or do a food shop if you go SC.

bigcountry

Quote from: Magoo on September 25, 2018, 11:27:05 AM
Fizzy. I believe that the rule of thumb in Jandia is 'Anywhere North of the lighthouse is fine' The Rio is South unfortunately. The Tinternet is playing up at the moment so I can`t fire up Google Earth to measure it.  In any case, the beach around the lighthouse is huge and exposed, and does not get more sheltered until you hit the town limits.  I would recommend a hire car as Esquinzo is only 5min up the road or â,¬10 by taxi.

When you say north of the lighthouse is that to the left of the lighthouse looking at it standing by the waters edge . Im unsure if you can be nude outside the Riu Palace Jandia .

fizzy lemonade

We were at the Riu Palace Jandia late September,  no one nude directly on the beach in front of the hotel with the exception of early in the morning, first light, a handful of swimmers, some nude.
In September we had to walk north towards the lighthouse to lifeguard station T3, approx 8/10 minutes, between T3 & maybe 200 meters before the lighthouse it was 100% nude, a bit more textile just either side of the lighthouse, further northwards it was mixed so basically from lifeguard station T3 onwards, you're fine

Have to say, lovely beach, very relaxed vibe

notdeadfred

We visit this part of the island in March each year, and there is usually a good number of naturists throughout the day in front of the high sand dunes between the Riu Palace and the Sensimar Calypso. If you can't be bothered walking along to the more recognised naturist areas, don't bother - you'll be fine here and will probably find that others join you in stripping off.