Corralejo

Started by Island Beach, September 14, 2010, 04:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Island Beach

Is Corralejo the best beach in Fuerteventura ?

Maeve

There are much better ones, in my opinion. We love El Cotillo, about 15 miles away, and Flag beach, just a few miles from the town stretches for miles. I believe on the other end of the island there are even better beaches, but I've never been there.

mit1964

It all a matter of personal taste... They are All great... The bonus with Corralejo is the dunes that stretch from the edge of corralejo for about 12km...

falkirkdan

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.     When I look in the mirror I look lovely however the mirror cracking could be giving out other opinion[:D][:D]

All the beaches are lovely but depends on what you want.

dee-dee

Don`t leave Fuerte without checking out La Concha [;)]

falkirkdan

Come on now Dee no stirring it[:D][:D]  You know better.

To give the beach Dee is refering to its correct name Playa de la Aduana (Custom's House Beach)   Not the new name the local stupid council have given it which has among its various Spanish meanings refers to a female private parts.   Then I suppose as you lay in the sand there you can think 'I am lying in La Concha' and savour the moment.

Here is pic taken before the lifeguard tower and 8.00 in morning or so    

dee-dee

I`m sure I don`t know what you are talking about [:D] [}:)]

Elite of the forum

Not many La Concha's around that time of day Dan [:D]
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

falkirkdan

Be in there this time next week and no cossie no matter what Villa Maid thinks.[:D][:D]

Island Beach

Playa de la Aduana (Custom's House Beach) looks wonderfull.  Near the beach are there any places to get refreshments, snacks ?  How many have white Sands?  When we come over in Feb, we will look at areas, and also what properties are like over there? weather we get value for money? is build good etc.   Which beach is best for young childen who cant swim? In that i mean nice shallow sea, soft sand?  How does Fuerteventura compare with Lanzarote?

falkirkdan

On Custom House Beach there is a nice beach snack bar/restaurant called El Torinos.   In fact most who know Cotillo will refer to the lagoon as El Torinos.   The council have recently built new facility and the old bar has been pulled down see post elswhere on the forum.

Island Beach

Island Beach

Which beach has the whitest sand?  How does the best beach in Fuerteventura compare with the beach at Porto Santo island next to Madeira? They say it's like paradice.( If any member been there )? I have not seen it, just what people in Madeira say!!
I think Fuerteventura has just wonderful beaches.

falkirkdan

Lashed rain and gales the 3 days I spent there waiting for my Canaries Christmas Cruise from Hell.   But that is another story.   Thought Funchal was a lovely place inspite of the weather.   So windy the plastic chair on the room balcony blew off somewhere.

Island Beach

Is the capital town of Fuerteventura nice place to walk around and shop?
Funchal has those air lift type tram car things? Looks quiet cool !  Anyway, it's that cold weather put me off, even though a very clean, pleasant green place.
I think we need to get used to dry landscape .  Fuerteventura shouldP
Plant more palm trees along the coast line. Does main towns in
Fuerteventura have nice paved streets? Fountains, places of interest?  Costa Calma looks nice place for family.  Which beaches have nice promenades? While living over there, is there much for children to do? (Thinking more of sports, Sports Clubs) etc?  When we come over in Feb, to give best impression for my family, what beach/Hotel should I head for?  What wild life do you have on
island?
So in Brouchure we have seen:-
Carralejo
Valera De Fuste
Playa Barca
Costa Calma
Or should I go to Capital ? Wife likes(As well as nice beaches) nice buildings. Clean nice paved streets , good resturants, sea front cafes etc.

Island Beach

Oh and as mentioned.   La  Concha, can't wait to see it.

Captain Sensible

The capital of Fuerteventura is Puerto del Rosario - you either like it or hate it!  It's only got 60,000 people; is not a tourist resort; and provides basic services.

The towns do have paved streets in some places, but they can be uneven and sometimes dangerous. There are not many places of interest on the island.

It's not possible, economically, to plant and maintain palm trees along the coast; and is not necessary.

The beaches do not necessarily have promenades.  Caleta de Fuste does and so doesGran Tarajal and Jandia.  The island is not renowned for nice buildings - they are functional and Canarian.

The main resorts are Corralejo, El Cotillo, Caleta de Fuste, Las Playitas, Costa Calma and Jandia.

You have to remember that Fuerteventura is only a small island of 100,000 inhabitants, and a tourist population of about 30,000. It is economically quite poor, and is the reason why it was the last island to become a tourist destination.

How old are your children?

Island Beach

My son now 5 , after renting out property we buy , will then retire in 2015, when my son will be 10.
My step daughter is 20, and just starting university.  She wants to remain in England for many years, so that's really why we changed from retiring to Aruba, (Dutch Carribean).

I wad then left with a choice of eithet Canary Islands, Cypres(Did not fancy living on a split island)., Madeira(Nice but not all year sunshine), Cape Verde islands would be over 5 hours flight, and not sure a child of 10 could live there(Schools etc), so after hearing Fuerteventura was hottest island, choice interest in this place.  Just out of interest, which is the greenest Canary island?

So getting back to question, yes he will be 10, and needing school.  If children want to goto university who live in the Canary Islands, where do they go?
Costa Calma has plenty of palms around, and nice beach, so this sounds good choice.  Is getting around Fuerteventura easy by road? Is the infrostructer good there.  And which is the whitest beach?

Captain Sensible

Putting a 10 year old into a Spanish school is one of the worst things to do.  It takes about 2 years for a child to get a command of the Spanish language in order to do well in school.  A 10 year old will go backwards for the first 2 years as h struggles in school, and this will put him behind in his education.  I work in a school, and this happens!

Children aged 3 - 7 cope very well, because they can adapt and pick up the language. They are soon on a par with their Spanish counterparts.

Canary Island children go to universities in Gran Canaria, Tenerife and mainland Spain.

La Palma is the greenest Canary Island.

Getting around Fuerteventura is easy as there aren't many roads, and no traffic lights to control traffic.

The beaches here are either very white or black.

Sunny Spain

falkirkdan, we look forward to seeing you next week! Be sure to wave something as you walk past.[;)]

Island Beach

Falkirkdan, in the beach picture you kindly posted, what is that black stuff? Is it weed or black rock?

falkirkdan

IB it is black rock.   There is the occasional bit of weed if there has been a storm.    As there is reef just off the shore it stops most of the wave movement and the water is normally always calm in the Cotillo lagoons.

Sunny sent you mail.

dee-dee

quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Spain

falkirkdan, we look forward to seeing you next week! Be sure to wave something as you walk past.[;)]

Love this [:p]..what you gonna wave Dan? [}:)]

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Naughty Dee Dee...and you a newly wedded woman [:p] [;)]
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

lee20

There are lots of best beaches in Corralejo.
Not only best beaches but great hotel accommodation as well.

Island Beach

Is the Corralejo mainly British Area? and more south German?  On the island do they take great pride in keeping the beaches clean?

james5

Corralejo is the one of the best beaches in Fuerteventura.it is a fantastic beach.