Armas Ferry to Lanzarote - residents discount for 2 people with a car

Started by lionfish, August 10, 2012, 10:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionfish

This may help people for the next few weeks - after 1st September things may well be different.
I booked via the Naviera Armas website for a return crossing from Corralejo to Lanzarote, but to be on the safe side went to the office to collect my boarding cards a couple of days early.
Basically, you can only get the resident's discount for a website booking IF you have the green residency certificate, which we don't have!
However, you can still get the resident's discount with the white "resident's certificate for travel" issued by the Town Hall for €3 if you apply in person at the Naviera Armas office. It does cost about 4€ more than a web-booking - I think this is because the web booking offers a 4€ discount.
The lady on the desk spoke good English and was very helpful. We got a refund of the money we had paid on the website and she then made a new booking for us, but still only charged us what we had paid on the web.
Apartently, the website still needs further development before it will accept the white certificate - it will never keep up with the changes in rules and regulations!!
YOU ALSO NEED YOUR ORIGINAL NIE AND COPIES OF BOTH THE DOCUMENTS FOR THEM TO KEEP + PASSPORT AND COPY.
Having sorted all that we had no further problems and a very enjoyable day on Lanzarote.