InterRent: New Kid on the Block??

Started by Logitechtom, June 22, 2017, 10:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logitechtom

Anyone heard of, or had experience renting from Inter Rent Car Hire?

Had an offer from Ryanair, offering my 20% discount on any car hire booking for my next trip out to Fue (21/8 to 18/9).  Offered a Fiat Panda for â,¬328, which is considerably less than PlusCar (â,¬459). 

Claims to be "in terminal", full to full tank, CDW included.

However, as I've never heard (or seen) InterRent, I'm a bit dubious.

Anyone got any knowledge or experience with this firm please?

TIA,

TOM.

spitfire58

I have had a car from them before as far as I remember. Are they not just a web page that get best prices. Think the one I had through them was with Europcar, they were in the terminal but had a long queue & it was 17.30 on a Saturday 😩😩😩

paully

They are a wholly owned subsidiary of Europcar as is Goldcar now, having just been bought out by them. See how you go, there are mixed reports on Europcar but you pays yer money..... ::)
I HATE computer thingyss

Logitechtom

Well, I've taken a gamble and booked with Inter Rent (part of Eurocar), so I will report back after my hire period on my experience with them.

Tom.

paully

I`d just check the CDW again, its says its included on the Ryanair site,but when you click on it its says you are liable for the first £2500, but it says that with whatever company you book with, then says you can waive this on payment of an additional fee at the counter on arrival. Can`t find out exactly what that `fee` might be though.
I HATE computer thingyss

Logitechtom

Hi Paul,

I have an annual insurance policy to cover CDW on all hire cars I use, so that aspect doesn't bother me.  I got fed up of paying extra on every hire for CDW so I found an annual policy. Think it cost about £35 for the year. If you, or anyone else wants details, I can post details of the policy and the insurance company here.

Tom.

paully

I`ve no doubt what you say is right Tom..The problem is we have all grown to know the way Goldcar works. You first get the hard sell to buy their CDW excess, then the `sorry your card doesn`t work`, then the damage to their paintwork totalling e500 taken from your card and refusing to provide evidence for you to claim from your private policy and so it goes on..A plague on all their houses tbh.

For the extra I`d stick with the local companies
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Quote from: paully on June 23, 2017, 20:49:51 PM
I`ve no doubt what you say is right Tom..The problem is we have all grown to know the way Goldcar works. You first get the hard sell to buy their CDW excess, then the `sorry your card doesn`t work`, then the damage to their paintwork totalling e500 taken from your card and refusing to provide evidence for you to claim from your private policy and so it goes on..A plague on all their houses tbh.

For the extra I`d stick with the local companies

Not that I have had any issues with suspect charges (except 40â,¬ for some unknown deposit with Goldcar that was not returned, never to be repeated) but I always take a bunch of pictures inside & out whenever I pick up a car & make it known to them I am doing so !!