IKEA

Started by spitfire58, November 15, 2016, 20:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire58

I have been trying to do as suggested in other posts. Looking at IKEA uk & then finding the products in IKEA fuerte to order for pick up. Problem is, you have to set up an account & it insists on a postcode !! Anyone know how to go about this ?? Thanks in advance

suendrob

Archer

The address is not relevant, so use any.
35610 (theirs) will work, as you collect the order normally. If you do take delivery, they ask the address when you actually make the order. The two don't have to match.

spitfire58

Thanks for the link suendrob. I have got to the fuerte IKEA site. That is where the problem, don't seem to be able to order items without logging in & to do that you need an address with a postcode. I was hoping that other forumites had come across this & had found a solution

spitfire58

Great. Thanks archer101 will try that

spitfire58

Got it done. Thanks  :D :D

Windermeregolfer

Hi Spitfire58 - sorry I wasn't about yesterday to help with your query, we set up our account on IKEA Fuerteventura months ago using our Caleta address and postcode, no problem.

We have twice ordered from the UK and collected the goods on the way from the airport, the only draw back is you get bombarded with daily emails reminding you to collect once the items arrive at the collection point on Fuerteventura, so we now only order about a week before we are due out at the villa.

On our next visit we are planning day out on Lanzarote and visit IKEA whilst there.

spitfire58

Thanks Windermere, I have our address but didn't know anything about postcodes. Still learning, lol

decho

I don't know if I would bother making the trip to Lanzarote IKEA. we did and were quite disappointed, nothing like as big as the UK or mainland Spain stores and huge Queues at checkout.

Windermeregolfer

Decho - Thanks for the heads up on IKEA Lanzarote, we are planning on having a day out and also visiting friends from Windermere who have a property on Lanzarote.

MalT

In the end, it does work, IKEA sofa bed delivered today, time to get screwdriver out!!😎

decho

I have a strange problem with IKEA now. Until recently I used  a dummy but valid Spanish mobile number on my order and I always got an email from them saying that my order had arrived. I then changed the registered phone number to my UK mobile number and now I don't get either a text message nor an email.
I'm wondering if there system can't cope with a UK mobile number and then just aborts before it has a chance to send me an email!
Anyone else use a UK mobile?

spitfire58

I tried putting in the "international" option with the codes etc & it wouldn't accept so just had to put my uk mobile as 07***** which it accepted but don't expect it will work. Anyone know how long they keep orders there for, I won't be out for about 10 days

Deso

You'll be OK, just print your order off to take in with you.  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Windermeregolfer

The first time we ordered from UK it was over 2 weeks before we collected and it was still there when we got to the collection point. As Deso says ensure you have a copy of the order acknowledgement with you.

Mr G

I use my Fuerte address and English mobile number.
Recently they have phoned my mobile to say goods are ready for pick up.
So they will phone English mobile numbers. Also their delivery company will phone English mobile numbers. A great service all round.

willie5094

Do Ikea deliver to anywhere on the island, cheers.

Jazza64

When shopping on-line with Ikea are you able to stipulate a delivery date / time ?

Logitechtom

Hi Jazza,

You will get told the day, but not a time. They will say "in the morning" but he aware that "afternoon" does not exist in the Spanish language, therefore "in the morning" means anytime from early morning to about 6pm!!

If you want to be very clear, take a street plan/map with your property marked on it. Give it to the store 'for the driver'

Good luck.

Tom.

spitfire58

Quote from: Logitechtom on January 21, 2018, 21:07:14 PM
Hi Jazza,

You will get told the day, but not a time. They will say "in the morning" but he aware that "afternoon" does not exist in the Spanish language, therefore "in the morning" means anytime from early morning to about 6pm!!

If you want to be very clear, take a street plan/map with your property marked on it. Give it to the store 'for the driver'

Good luck.

Tom.

Hi Tom,
I am being pedantic here, lol but what about “buenos tardes” then ?? Surely the concept exists ??

Logitechtom

True, such a phrase is in the Spanish language, but EVERYTIME I have had something delivered, I've been told "in the morning" and when I've questioned further, or I've phoned to find out where the driver is,  it's been explained that "in the morning" could be 'anytime during daylight hours, up to 6pm'.

Tom

Sir Real

Yep, I had a delivery due (not Ikea), and was told it would be one of the last deliveries that day, so expect it later in the day.  It arrived at 1pm

skillt

I have used IKEA a lot over the years. We don`t live full time on the Island but have placed orders online. We found them very helpful and delayed delivery till we arrived on the Island. They will keep items for two weeks for free after that they charge a fee per day one or two euro I think.
We place an online order about ten days before arriving and then went to collect it we found it to heavy/big for the rental car so arranged delivery for a few days later.
We have also once arranged delivery for a date that we had to cancel to a later date and done so by the web site online contact form with no issues.
I found IKEA great but also the other furniture stores of great help. We have placed orders with local furniture shops for delivery for two three months` time with no issues.