Villa Winter

Started by falkirkdan, October 30, 2020, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falkirkdan

There was a very interesting program on Yesterday channel about Villa Winter.  In their abandoned engineering series.  You will find it if you search Villa Winter on Yesterday web site.
Few years back I managed to get hire Panda right up to front door.  I got in and had a good look round it was fascinating.  Did not see some of thinks in the program but was in the what could have been operating theatre and that was creepy.  There was an old woman there who was trying to charge, as far as can gather she was living there.
Program is worth a look.

Elite of the forum

Watched it myself very interesting indeed.
Me and the mrs walked over  from one of the car parks off the dirt road beautiful walk ,remember the clouds coming down when we were on top of the hill top .
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

Banjo

I went there when I was over 2 years or so ago. To be honest, the trip is way more interesting than the house itself. The Villa Winter myth is built up around rumour and supposition. The guy who owns the house doesn't appear to have a shred of evidence to back anything up and when you've visited the house as I have, the 'documentary'  mentioned above errs on the side of comedic. There does appear to be a bit of mystery about the whole the thing but I strongly doubt that it was a haven for Nazis.

It's still worth the trip if you love stunning views and hairy car journeys. It's at your own risk if you take your hire car, don't forget.

c matthews

What was he doing there in the middle of nowhere