Correos sending all Amazon parcels back

Started by milestone 11, February 01, 2020, 17:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milestone 11

I've been awaiting two deliveries from Amazon UK, these were both re-ticketed and sent back to the seller marked at 01.00am this morning. Looks as though buying anything from Amazon UK is a thing of the past.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: milestone 11 on February 01, 2020, 17:21:03 PM
I've been awaiting two deliveries from Amazon UK, these were both re-ticketed and sent back to the seller marked at 01.00am this morning. Looks as though buying anything from Amazon UK is a thing of the past.

Can we ask why? I have been getting deliveries from Amazon Uk for 4/5 years and yes delivery times vary but they always get here, is there some reason it happened?

Johnrgby2

Quote from: milestone 11 on February 02, 2020, 10:40:09 AM
Quote from: Johnrgby2 on February 01, 2020, 19:07:12 PM

Can we ask why? I have been getting deliveries from Amazon Uk for 4/5 years and yes delivery times vary but they always get here, is there some reason it happened?
Presumably, the Correos being their usual bombastic selves due to Brexit.

OK, not my experience of Correos but ! may I ask how you know this has happened?

who me

It's DPD not Correos that's the problem. They charge £78 to ship a small item to the Canary Islands but Amazon seller scare forced to use them. Correos have always given great service and for me continue to do so

Johnrgby2

Quote from: who me on July 01, 2020, 04:14:44 AM
It's DPD not Correos that's the problem. They charge £78 to ship a small item to the Canary Islands but Amazon seller scare forced to use them. Correos have always given great service and for me continue to do so
Why people use DPD is beyond me they are a bunch of idiots, we have used Espares in the UK for years, but last order was returned to them twice when I asked the reason it turns out they now use DPD, and they return anything headed to The Canary islands

Lexeus

I had multiple parcels delivered from Amazon UK by DHL & UPS in May, no problems at all.

I ordered an electric water heater from Amazon Spain in June and they sent it by DHL, when it turned up last week the local subcontractor tried to charge me â,¬40 import tax even though the heater only cost â,¬75 and I let them know they were thieves (that they are) and told them they could keep it (Amazon are refunding me, stupid waste of time!)

Just this week I have had 3 parcels delivered by Correos from Amazon Spain including two massive 20Kg parcels with no problems (except the boxes were battered! :))