Disposal of large old furniture

Started by caza, August 05, 2016, 18:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caza

Evening ,
Could anyone tell me who to contact regarding disposal of large old furniture items ?
Also is there a cost ?

Thank  :)

SheilaW

Are they reusable? If so, there's a local charity that helps find homes for local people and furnish them. It's called Refugio Majorero (google for that) and they'll be very happy to collect them.

caza

Johnrgby2

break it up into smaller pieces leave it next to your bins and they will take it away free. or some one will salvage anything that,s usable.

caza

Johnrgby2

I've got a bed settle and sofa ,
Also the bins are too far away to place them there

Johnrgby2

Quote from: caza on August 06, 2016, 10:59:39 AM
Johnrgby2

I've got a bed settle and sofa ,
Also the bins are too far away to place them there

Break them up into smaller pieces, if you need to borrow a Jigsaw etc let me know.

Deso

The council may move it, for a small fee. Pop in to the Town Hall in Caleta and ask them.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

TamaraEnLaPlaya

The Ayuntamientos will normally collect large items for free. You need to ring them to arrange it. They will tell you which night to leave it out and where. I'm sorry I haven't got the number - I cheat and get my Spanish neighbour to ring and arrange it for me! If I can find the number I'll post it but it will be the La Oliva one.

You may consider the items to be at the end of their life but it's surprising how many items 'disappear' when placed out for official collection - other people obviously have lower standards or like the challenge of refurbishing/recycling or are simply in desperate straights. Quite often it is simply that people will use an old item as garden furniture until it completely disintegrates - I've seen a number of Italians doing this!

Johnrgby2

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on August 08, 2016, 02:15:40 AM
The Ayuntamientos will normally collect large items for free. You need to ring them to arrange it. They will tell you which night to leave it out and where. I'm sorry I haven't got the number - I cheat and get my Spanish neighbour to ring and arrange it for me! If I can find the number I'll post it but it will be the La Oliva one.

You may consider the items to be at the end of their life but it's surprising how many items 'disappear' when placed out for official collection - other people obviously have lower standards or like the challenge of refurbishing/recycling or are simply in desperate straights. Quite often it is simply that people will use an old item as garden furniture until it completely disintegrates - I've seen a number of Italians doing this!

Absolutely correct, there is a guy in a Nissan 4x4 that goes around all the bin sites late afternoon, and collects all sorts of rubbish, about two weeks ago he picked up an old plastic chair we had dumped as we had been mixing paint on it for months, and was not worth cleaning up, but he took it?????

alex_mercer

Make sure you don't dump the wrong items in the bin. For example, ask them if the renovation garbage is safe enough to be disposed- there are chances that it might be hazardous. The local bin guys would have adequate knowledge regarding that. More importantly, electronic waste should be sorted out and not dumped in the rental bins they provide. You don't want to blow their truck off, do you? :)