Grand Hotel Natura

Started by erik_tonny, July 22, 2018, 17:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erik_tonny

Straight from the horse's mouth:
GHN is definitly closed.
The rent was going to be doubled and the refurbishment was going to cost 2.000.000
I do have a suspicion who and what is behind this.

bedouin

Tamkid

Handyman

Dont suppose there is any chance of the management starting up again somewhere else?

erik_tonny

Quote from: Handyman on July 23, 2018, 20:53:00 PM
Dont suppose there is any chance of the management starting up again somewhere else?
Management already have 2 resorts on GC.

fizzy lemonade

I think one of them is Magnolia Natura, what's the other one?

bedouin

Quote from: fizzy lemonade on July 24, 2018, 09:15:51 AM

Don't think so, Magnolias is run by Mareu Hotels.  Gran Hotel Natura is run by Star Resorts Canarias, who run the Club Torso gay resort in Gran Canaria.

fizzy lemonade

Oh ok, pity about GHN, was a possibility of a solo trip next year, would have suited me

jg

Quote from: bedouin on July 24, 2018, 13:17:21 PM
Quote from: fizzy lemonade on July 24, 2018, 09:15:51 AM

Don't think so, Magnolias is run by Mareu Hotels.  Gran Hotel Natura is run by Star Resorts Canarias, who run the Club Torso gay resort in Gran Canaria.
I understand one of the gay resorts on Gran Canaria has been converted to Petit Hotel Natura.
JG

bedouin

Quote from: jg on July 27, 2018, 09:02:06 AM

I understand one of the gay resorts on Gran Canaria has been converted to Petit Hotel Natura.

Which one?  The owner of Star Resorts Canarias registered a new company in May, "Naturist Hotels Gran Canaria SL".

Handyman

Check out the GHN website. Looks like a lot of spin to me.

bedouin

Quote from: Handyman on July 29, 2018, 17:52:55 PM
Check out the GHN website. Looks like a lot of spin to me.

Ah, now it all makes sense.  So GHN is dead, and the owner has changed Pasion Tropical in Gran Canaria from a gay resort to a naturist resort, under the new name Petit Hotel Natura.  It's an interesting looking place, only 17 rooms but they look a lot nicer than at GHN.  Quite pricey, but it includes daytime pool bar drinks.

suendrob

email today

Dear guests,

We are proud to announce that our new resort will open its doors in San Agustin - Gran Canaria
on August 26th:

Petit Hotel Natura

To our great regret, the doors of Gran Hotel Natura in Fuerteventura remain closed.

The reason is that due to the old age the hotel was in need of a major renovation.

Last week, the construction-technical report showed that many more defects emerged.

Unfortunately, we have failed to reach an agreement with  the owners.

Because of this we unfortunately had to decide to look for a new location.

We hope to welcome you soon at our new location.

For information visit our website:

www.petithotelnatura.com

Sincerely,

Team Natura

fizzy lemonade

While the reviews of Passion Tropical are decent, it looks a bit pokey for my taste, pool seems small & a bit of a distance from the nudist area of the dunes beach too.

bedouin

Quote from: fizzy lemonade on July 30, 2018, 18:57:03 PM
While the reviews of Passion Tropical are decent, it looks a bit pokey for my taste, pool seems small & a bit of a distance from the nudist area of the dunes beach too.

True, it's a fair way to the beach, but they have a free courtesy bus.  In my experience, these don't always turn up, so a taxi is often needed.  I rather dislike the nudist beach at Maspalomas, primarily because of the thousands of textiles walking along the water's edge, gawking at the naked people.  As for the dunes, well there's something for everyone there.