Weather Alert For Rain on Weds/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun

Started by Captain Sensible, November 17, 2014, 22:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

Been lashing down, more to come. It's forecast through to saturday  :'(

bridlife

Absolutely tipping down at 2pm at the airport. Had to wait for it to slow down so we could get to the car, floods all over the car park. A great welcome for the holidaymakers.

JJB

Hope everyone stays safe and as dry as possible. I'm over at the end of the month, so hopefully will have missed it all.

Captain Sensible

Rain showers continue.

The Alert is up to ORANGE for rainfall tomorrow.

Devonia57

After a very enjoyable week, the first time we have visited in November. We took off for Bristol  at 13:30 just after a storm hit. I can say the take off was a bit bumpy to say the least a real bone shaker.
How is the island now?

ashworth

Heavy rain in Caleta into Wednesday night just what we needed for the golf courses and gardens. Just like a normal day in Cumbria. No real damage.Not sure about today some cloud about but allot of clear sky. 

Captain Sensible

Not too bad overnight in Caleta.  The paths and roads are drying up so there wasn't too much rain.
Some blue sky at 8am this morning, with black cloud out at sea and to the south.

duncolm

It's lashing down in El Cotillo this morning, even by my Scottish standards.

Gone Fishing

The open ground where the new bus terminus in El Cotillo has been built was a catchment for the storm water run-off from the surrounding roads and open ground. For example the storm in October 2012 left a mini- lake over a foot deep for several days but the local housing was not flooded.

Now it's been tarmaced over for the bus  park with no drainage at all built into the project the storm water now settles in the surrounding streets.

Good bit of planning there Cabildo De Fuerteventura whose sign sits proudly in the middle of the quagmire of silt and mud.

Gone Fishing

But on the bright side - the sun has just come out.

Captain Sensible

No rain at my house this morning,but there are black clouds all around.

Captain Sensible

A shower at lunchtime in Caleta.  My daughter said there was heavy rain and flooding in Puerto del Rosario.

Kyle

Glasgow has had a Yellow Weather Alert since 1975!

Captain Sensible

The alert has been downgraded to Yellow for today - a 55% chance of rain.

Lots of thunder in the early hours in Caleta, but not much rain.  I've just looked at a rain radar for the last 24 hours and it would appear that the north of the island got most of the rain.

Jock719

Very loud thunder during the night and heavy rain at Corralejo. Clearing now but very heavy in the early hours. Ground saturated!

Gone Fishing

Plenty of lightening out to sea in the early hours off the coast of Cotillo and the occasional flash and rumble of thunder going on now.

ashworth

Caleta had Heavy rain again in the night with thunder and lightening all around us. Seems to have gone away at the moment and back to clear sky and no sign of rain.

Captain Sensible

Some sunny intervals this morning 8), so not too bad.  There's been very black clouds out at sea for several hours.

bluefox

nice drop o'rain, do the place the world of good, clear the air and freshen the place up a bit !  :D

Captain Sensible

Not too bad in Caleta yesterday, as it stayed dry until midnight.

Rain overnight, and a shower this morning.  The wind is now stronger too.

The Yellow Alert for rain remains in place for today and tomorrow, plus a Yellow Alert tomorrow for rough coastal waters.

Captain Sensible

After nearly 2 hours of rain in Caleta the sun 8) is out now.

Spike On Q

Bands of heavy rain and strong westerly winds coming in from the Atlantic - Ajuy, Pajara and Tuineje. Water starting to flow in the barancos, gavias are flooded -another 36 hours hopefully!

bluefox

people that have uktv, does the rain effect your reception ? as our's goes off completely when there's rain about.  :(

woe10

Not with UKTV but my internet is all over the place. Amospherics they told me.

Ole Man River

Last night in Corralejo, lashing winds & tons of rain at about 4 am. Woke me up. Mega! Today still very strong winds. :o   8)

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Taken from Fuerteventura Emegencias

Inform to all users exaggerates the precautionary principle on the road FV - 30. in the pitch which goes from the roundabout in the Valley of the Holy Ines - former towards betancuria is closed. We pray use alternative route for pajara for access to betancuria. Thank you 

Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

Spike On Q

Morro Veloso closed again then - looks bad around the square Santa Innes, Betancuria, Pajara, La Pared, down to Tuineje. Just going out for a gander - but more heavy rain forecast overnight!

Captain Sensible

A few showers in Caleta during the day and evening.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Lots of very heavy showers today in Corralejo (Mercadona end anyway) and I can just hear another one starting up. Countryside is starting to take on a lovely green hue.
Hope no one has had too much damage or any injuries. Without gutters and drains, streams and rivers etc to 'tidy away' the rain I've come to appreciate just how much rainwater can come down in a short time. It's just totally different to the UK where flooding is usually as a result of prolonged periods of rain.

Spike On Q

Drove Tuineje, Pajara, Ajuy earlier, lots of standing water but nothing in the rivers, not even where the main road bridge was washed away in 2010. Still raining hard here, clown festival a wash out!