Corralejo Riu Hotels Area

Started by rimnam, April 29, 2009, 10:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimnam

I will be staying at the Riu Tres Islas in July and would be grateful if anybody could help with the following.

1)I know that the area in front of the Riu hotels is effectively textile but are there any sun loungers for naturists close by.

2) My wife and I like to walk along the shore line naked but wouldn't wish to give offence to anybody. How far either side of the Riu Hotels do we need to go before stripping off.

hairybiker

You should have a great time at the Tres Islas, I've been going there for years and plan to keep going until I can find a 4* hotel, 4 hours from the UK, on a clothing optional beach and which doesn't rip you off for single rooms.  Any ideas anyone?

If you want sunloungers which cater for naturists either go south, beyond the textiles and you should find that the last set of loungers beyond the lifeguard station are clothing optional.

Alternatively go north, out the back gate of the hotel (by the spa) and the loungers on that beach are used by both naturists and textiles.

As for walking along the shore, either way works, but going south I would leave it until after the naturist loungers.

And in my view you don't GIVE offence, other people TAKE it.  Their choice!!  Did I hear a splash from the punch bowl?

Dave G

rimnam

Thanks for info. You are, of course, right and it is normally others taking offence rather than us giving it. I have never understood why textiles go to clothing optional beaches and are then surprised or shocked to see bare bodies.

Stuart

falkirkdan

Stuart welcome to forum.   All beaches in Spain are clothing optional unless there is a local bye-law stating otherwise.    The term textile and naturist are a bit miss leading.   Naturist conjures up visions of H&E and healthy lifestyle etc when really the majority are just folk getting their kit off in the sun.    The so called textiles are really folk who do not want to get there kit off in the sun.   It is everyone to their own chose in Fuerty.

As one who does get his kit off what I find annoying is you have found a bit of beach where there are no clothed folk and settled down when along comes Ma, Pa and the weens and out of the area of beach available they set up camp next to you then start giving you the evils for having no clothes on.   You were there first so let them move if they are not happy.

BELGIE

HI! RIMNAM GOING BACK TO TRES ISLAS SEPT AS HAIRYBIKER SAYS GO SOUTH AFTER SOS HUT PEOPLE WALK ABOUT NAKED FREELY  IF YOU GO OUT THE BACK DOOR OF THE HOTEL AS SOON AS YOU GO OUT THERE PEOPLE ARE NAKED ALOT OF THEM FROM THE HOTEL GO FOR A MORNING OR AFTERNOON SWIM  NAKED AND THIS SEEMS QUITE ACCEPTABLE AND ANYWHERE AT THE BACK OF THE HOTEL IS FINE BUT NOT NEARLY AS NICE AS THE  SOUTHSIDE WHERE WE GO.  THE SAUNA IN THE HOTEL ALSO YOU WILL FIND MOST PEOPLE ARE NAKED .

Please don't use caps lock - regards Admin

Shirley Valentine

We were very happy with the Riu Tres Islas and hope to return next year.

Phil.Notts

The dunes south of the RIU Oliva beach are breathtaking to look at and if you are into photography you can take some fantastic landscape photos, especially when there are white fluffy clouds too.

That wasn't the question you asked though !!!

Everyone seems to have answered your question and I can confirm, yes you can walk naked along the shoreline south of RIU Oliva beach (just after the first restaurant near the SOS point seams to be the acceptable textile / naturist border)

Enjoy

jg

In the past I have walked the shoreline past the hotels naked for the entire distance from the last building in Corralejo to where the road approaches the beach South of the hotels and back without any problems.
JG

alami

I hope you won't get any problems, but I guess you will have no problems when you go to the south!
I really want to try this out too. I've never walked on the beach naked in my life. This must be a nice feeling!