Vodafone ES

Started by willie5094, October 25, 2018, 18:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willie5094

I've not had a phone signal today, obviously the weather is the culprit. Anyone else in same situation.

Lexeus

A tip for next time. If you lose phone signal for any reason other than moving out of range, such as the weather, turn off your mobile (or activate flight mode) because when the weather moves on I often find that the low density of mobile transmitters on the island means their are a high number of devices all trying to reconnect to the same base stations at the same time which in turn causes your device to delay it's re-connection as the mobile algorithm is designed to act that way, but turning your mobile back on will cause it to automatically try and reconnect immediately and in the mean time it hasn't been adding to the problem by periodically trying to reconnect along with all the other devices which just increases the number of mobile channel collisions. In fact I periodically find that if I don't turn off my mobile when my Vodafone signal does come back the phone think's it's registered with the base station but if anyone calls me they get straight through to voicemail which suggests that the base station is under such pressure that it starts to experience a queue overflow.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Interesting and useful - thanks  8)

willie5094

Coolio, exactly what I done when it didn't come back on, excellent advice.