caleta de fuste walk

Started by lovethebeach, February 19, 2013, 17:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovethebeach

Just back from a fab week in caleta , I know the beaches are not the best in FV but we do like the town and the short transfer . I was able to take a naked morning walk daily around 8 30 to 9    from the harbour area past the big hotels and atlantico most days walking half way to Salinas some days stopping for a swim,

of the 20 or so folks I saw each day only a couple gave me a wide berth most smiled or said ola and a couple would stop to chat . On Sunday morning I encountered a yoga class on the beach and I had to endure a few wolf whistles.

IN the afternoon we would walk naked  from the fish restaurant on the beach to the first sandy bay near the big hotel where we would sunbathe and swim, some days I would dress to walk past the hotels then walk naked as far as Salinas where I would dress for a pint.
The few people I saw were not bothered that I was naked.
Apart from a couple of naked swimmers all the other naturists I saw were hidden away in the stone huts . As a naturist I dont think we should have to hide away , I understand that some people dont unerstand us naturists and we should no go out of our way to offend them but on the other handwhy should we hide away.

Voldermort

There is a world of difference between `hiding away` and using common sense to avoid situations. Militant nudists or exhibitionists as some might call them are the scourge of naturism and bring us into disrepute.

lovethebeach

I would consider myself a common sense naturist being naked at a time or place where naturism is expected. Your "militant"nudist would be naked where it was not expected

Voldermort

Naturism in and around Caleta town area most definitely falls into the category of ` not expected`. Just about everywhere else is fine. You should consider hiring a car next time.

MinRich

Quote from: Voldermort on February 19, 2013, 22:21:28 PM
Naturism in and around Caleta town area most definitely falls into the category of ` not expected`. Just about everywhere else is fine. You should consider hiring a car next time.

Caleta nude is a "no no" and always has been . Naturists should go elsewhere and this is how it is and should remain . I am sure many people saw "lovethebeach"  walking in the nude and made comments under their breath and to others . To be naked where others are not is what gives naturists a bad name , do not do it again please . I am sure 90% of people who saw you were not happy about it .

scottishnudist

I too walked naked from the fish restaurant out to the stone areas. My walks were along the shore where the sea meets the beach. I would encounter only a few walkers and encountered no problems.

I would use the stone shelter to stay out of the wind and keep myself to myself.

Good on "lovethebeach", well done. 

Back in Caleta in a few days.

falkirkdan

Scottish Nudist are you going to the BN Weekend in Dunoon??

sunpics

8) Not been to Coleta myself, we always go to Corry ourselves. Just returned after two great weeks mostly sunny and little wind. But as usual our friend  Min rich seems to be getting a little uptight about naked walks. I can not find any reason to stop naked walking on the sand dunes just outside Corry. I would however not walk just in front of the big Riu Hotels with lots of textiles sunning themselves so not to offend. You do have to be responsible about the area's you walk naked but along the tide line seems fine with me ,but I would not naked walk through a built up area or a section of beach with lots of kids playing on the beach just in front of hotels. I have no intension of just laying in the stone shelters or in a beach shelter all day . I do enjoy walking naked and see lots of other people doing just the same both sexes seem to enjoy naked walking . Have lots of new pictures taken on my naked walks over the past two weeks, but you can be assured I am not going to post any hear so not to offend the other so called nudists. :o  Sunpics

MinRich

Quote from: sunpics on February 21, 2013, 14:45:49 PM
8) Not been to Coleta myself, we always go to Corry ourselves. Just returned after two great weeks mostly sunny and little wind. But as usual our friend  Min rich seems to be getting a little uptight about naked walks. I can not find any reason to stop naked walking on the sand dunes just outside Corry. I would however not walk just in front of the big Riu Hotels with lots of textiles sunning themselves so not to offend. You do have to be responsible about the area's you walk naked but along the tide line seems fine with me ,but I would not naked walk through a built up area or a section of beach with lots of kids playing on the beach just in front of hotels. I have no intension of just laying in the stone shelters or in a beach shelter all day . I do enjoy walking naked and see lots of other people doing just the same both sexes seem to enjoy naked walking . Have lots of new pictures taken on my naked walks over the past two weeks, but you can be assured I am not going to post any hear so not to offend the other so called nudists. :o  Sunpics

You didn't do it infront of the Hotels did you ? But the person who started this thread felt it was ok to do so infront of the other hotels in Caleta where predominantly UK holiday makers spend time on the beach with their children etc . They would not wish to see a naked man or woamn strolling along the beach and you have stated in your post that you considered others by not walking infront of the RIU hotels , hence we are similar thinking on this topic ?

MinRich

Your photos would not offend us , they might offend others though and also would continue down the same argument we have had before .

lovethebeach

As I stated at the start of the thread my walks in front of the hotels was early in the morning there were very few folks about and certainly no children,I walked along the waters edge both in the morning and the afternoon . In any case I would consider the family beach to be nearer the harbour ..   Before the new large hotels were built Caleta was used by far more naturists why should we be driven out by the large hotels ?

SheilaW

Quote from: MinRich on February 21, 2013, 17:34:43 PM
the person who started this thread felt it was ok to do so infront of the other hotels in Caleta where predominantly UK holiday makers spend time on the beach with their children etc . They would not wish to see a naked man or woamn strolling along the beach
I shouldn't be so sure about that. Did you see this article? It may even have been posted on this site before: http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid=NEWS&articlekey=2735&cat+47-0-0

dampsquib

Why are people so up tight about nudity (especially the British)? I'm in the Piano Bar of the Fuerteventura Princess in Esquinzo. At dinner tonight, I sat near to 3 newly-arrived English ladies(?), one dark haired lady was going on about the 'repulsive sights' that she'd seen on the beach. I'm repulsed daily about .... the things people say, the way they behave, the way they look, etc,  etc, but I'm tolerant and accept that mankind is quite diversified.
Note to dark-haired lady - if you can't cope with nudity, Fuerteventura wasn't one of your best decisions, especially Esquinzo.
Go lovethebeach!

MinRich

Quote from: lovethebeach on February 21, 2013, 18:40:36 PM
As I stated at the start of the thread my walks in front of the hotels was early in the morning there were very few folks about and certainly no children,I walked along the waters edge both in the morning and the afternoon . In any case I would consider the family beach to be nearer the harbour ..   Before the new large hotels were built Caleta was used by far more naturists why should we be driven out by the large hotels ?

Incorrect - Caleta beach has virtually been used exclusively by clothed bathers.

People go to Caleta for what it has to offer , Naturists go elsewhere in Fuerteventura . Clothed bathers outnumber Naturists by hundreds to one around the world and they should be respected and Naturists should not assume that they can walk about naked everywhere . Have some respect for others ? or not ? Thats a matter for those who do things that others may object to

Voldermort

Well said Minrich....I`m getting totally wazzed off by these clowns who constantly push the boundaries. Naturists, like us, dont do that, we respect others and realise we live in the real world with all that entails. Caleta, here now today, not 30 years ago is a textile area. get over it, deal with it, hire a car and stop talking rubbish...

lovethebeach

Think you need to do your home work Miinrich ,no Sheraton hotel there 8 years ago and plenty of naturists , the beach is now large enough for us all to enjoy , if some folks want to cover up completely thats fine. If others want to find a quiet place (or time of day) to be naked then that should be fine too.  Naturists are not a threat to our textile friends on many beaches around the world we manage to mix together and Caleta should be no different .    We are all naked under our clothes .

MinRich

Quote from: lovethebeach on February 22, 2013, 00:13:45 AM
Think you need to do your home work Miinrich ,no Sheraton hotel there 8 years ago and plenty of naturists , the beach is now large enough for us all to enjoy , if some folks want to cover up completely thats fine. If others want to find a quiet place (or time of day) to be naked then that should be fine too.  Naturists are not a threat to our textile friends on many beaches around the world we manage to mix together and Caleta should be no different .    We are all naked under our clothes .

Well we have been going to Fuerteventura for over 20 years so not looking back 8 years !
Every Town Beach in Fuerteventura is predominantly textile bathers and it is the same throughout the world . We used to go to Caleta but stopped going there due to no/zero/nil/zilch places to sunbathe nude , hence we now spend all our time around El Cotillo . There may well be naturists around Caleta but they are generally not wanted by the majority of people there and their feelings should always be considered . You appear to be someone who likes to think they can be naked wherever , well that is not the case and you obviously do not consider others . A bit typical of alot of people i meet in my line of work .

lovethebeach

Think we are just going to accept that we all have differing views and that we should all try and be accepting of others ,lets just hope they dont build a large hotel at Cotillo and push us naturists out

isleswing

They have built a large hotel in El Cotillo, but it hasn't worked   ;D

MinRich

Quote from: isleswing on February 22, 2013, 14:52:31 PM
They have built a large hotel in El Cotillo, but it hasn't worked   ;D

I think whoever invested their money in that hotel in Cotillo should seriously think about making it Naturist only , i think this would work if they made the prices similar to other accomodation in the area . Hotel holidaymakers just don't do Cotillo, whats it open about 3 months of the year and i heard it had never been half full let alone full !

Alex Heney

Quote from: MinRich on February 20, 2013, 13:04:42 PM
Quote from: Voldermort on February 19, 2013, 22:21:28 PM

Caleta nude is a "no no" and always has been . Naturists should go elsewhere and this is how it is and should remain . I am sure many people saw "lovethebeach"  walking in the nude and made comments under their breath and to others . To be naked where others are not is what gives naturists a bad name , do not do it again please . I am sure 90% of people who saw you were not happy about it .

While I wouldn't want to encourage nude walking where everybody else is clothed, I do not for one moment believe your last statement to be anywhere NEAR correct.

It will be true that 90% (or more) would not want to take their own clothes off on the beach, but that does not mean that 90% would object to other people being nude.

My experience of asking others if they mind has been only around 5-6% saying they do mind - although about half of those object very strongly, even to being asked.

And the way they have reacted when I then have stripped off suggests they were not just saying it to be polite, when they did really mind.