Property prices

Started by jill tie, August 26, 2018, 10:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill tie

Does anyone know of any sites that give accurate property sale prices for the island?
A bit like rightmove does in the uk.   So you can look up what a properties sold for.
Trying to get an idea of how the market is.  Even something showing average prices
past and present?  thanks

spitfire58

Non that I have ever found Jill 🙂🙂

Johnrgby2

No, Jill, I do not believe there is, I asked a friend who works for an Estate Agent here, he shook his head and almost choked on his drink laughing.

Charlie dont surf

Kyero used to provide some historical data for the Canary Islands which inc average selling Prices/sales etc.

waggy

Quote from: jill tie on August 26, 2018, 10:17:15 AM
Does anyone know of any sites that give accurate property sale prices for the island?
A bit like rightmove does in the uk.   So you can look up what a properties sold for.
Trying to get an idea of how the market is.  Even something showing average prices
past and present?  thanks

Yes Jill, it's Kyero (data). Gives a very thorough picture of what's happening in Las Palmas province (or anywhere else for that matter).

Snowdrop

Idealista is a bit like rightmove

jill tie

Ive looked a few times and found nothing.  I will have a look at Kyero and Idealista, thanks

spitfire58

Kyero is just an estate agent site with selling prices, same as the rest. Don`t think it gives actual area valuation levels & as far as I remember idealista is the same

Lexeus

I have checked extensively and for Fuerteventura there is nothing. Mainland Spain has more info but nothing like the UK.

I think it all comes down to the data protection rules; unlike in the UK where the taxman will investigate and know what price you sold your house for whether you like it or not, here you can try your luck and declare what you like and see what happens because they are relying on you to present the paperwork that proves it.

I don't think evens ome buyers know what price they paid the seller here! :D

spitfire58

Quote from: Lexeus on August 26, 2018, 15:14:20 PM
I have checked extensively and for Fuerteventura there is nothing. Mainland Spain has more info but nothing like the UK.

I think it all comes down to the data protection rules; unlike in the UK where the taxman will investigate and know what price you sold your house for whether you like it or not, here you can try your luck and declare what you like and see what happens because they are relying on you to present the paperwork that proves it.

I don't think evens ome buyers know what price they paid the seller here! :D

I actually think it is intentional so buyers have nothing to gauge against & the Spanish estate agents think it gives them an edge to con non locals who don`t know any better. IMHO

Lexeus

Completely agree Spitfire, I think it could be more transparent but there are plenty of people with an interest in it being so opaque.

I think the data protection laws are so tight because the politicians have plenty to hide....  ;)

spitfire58

Quote from: Lexeus on August 27, 2018, 11:01:33 AM
Completely agree Spitfire, I think it could be more transparent but there are plenty of people with an interest in it being so opaque.

I think the date protection laws so tight because the politicians have plenty to hide....  ;)

👍👍👍🤣😂🤣😂

waggy

Agreed, but Kyero info. seems to be based on official sources.

Lexeus

But it is for the whole of Las Palmas, it does not touch on particular areas of Fuerteventura. Far too general in my opinion.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: waggy on August 27, 2018, 12:05:42 PM

It also quotes the population is over a million??? just over a hundred thousand is nearer the mark surely, there are not a million people on Teneriffe!

waggy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_Islands#Population_of_the_individual_islands

It would seem that Fuerteventura is the least populated island based on land area.

jill tie

Not sure how accurate any information could be (especially resales).  When part of the deal was often done for cash to avoid tax?

waggy

You'll have to do it the old fashioned way, Jill; ask a few estate agents to come and give you a pricing. Might be interesting to compare them.

Lexeus

Quote from: jill tie on August 28, 2018, 10:07:47 AM
Not sure how accurate any information could be (especially resales).  When part of the deal was often done for cash to avoid tax?

Exactly my thinking. It's not like notarios have a column to included "associated tax-free cash gift" on the sale ;)

When it comes to valuations by estate agents, they are wildly influenced by their many ulterior motives.

ashworth

Just try to sell a property here at more than you bought for. Very difficult. Most people who bought property here 15 years ago are selling at less than they paid for it. Fuerte is a good place to buy but not as an investment.

ashworth

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on August 27, 2018, 13:24:15 PM
Quote from: waggy on August 27, 2018, 12:05:42 PM

It also quotes the population is over a million??? just over a hundred thousand is nearer the mark surely, there are not a million people on Teneriffe!

About 8 times the population of Fuerteventura according to the Government employment stats.

spitfire58

Quote from: ashworth on August 29, 2018, 11:56:27 AM
Just try to sell a property here at more than you bought for. Very difficult. Most people who bought property here 15 years ago are selling at less than they paid for it. Fuerte is a good place to buy but not as an investment.

Not sure how true that is, although I am not up on actual selling prices. We bought less than two years ago & a couple of identical properties on our road have either sold or are on the market for roughly double what we paid

beachlife

Even if this is true 15 years ago they would have got an exchange rate of 1.5 euros to the pound, so technically in the exchange rate they will get more euros to pounds now (if they are from the UK). Taking inflation into effect the effect is more or less neutral . However whether they just use it themselves or have rented it out, they would have gained something whether it was monetary or pleasure.

dagwood

Quote from: beachlife on August 29, 2018, 13:36:47 PM

Even if this is true 15 years ago they would have got an exchange rate of 1.5 euros to the pound, so technically in the exchange rate they will get more euros to pounds now (if they are from the UK). Taking inflation into effect the effect is more or less neutral . However whether they just use it themselves or have rented it out, they would have gained something whether it was monetary or pleasure.

I don't know where your getting these numbers from
Today £100 will get you approx. â,¬112 whereas in the good old days it would got you â,¬150 approx. so please explain the "so technically in the exchange rate they will get more euros to pounds now (if they are from the UK). " bit.

raye

I am guessing he means that 15 years ago a â,¬150,000 property would have cost £100,000 and if you sold it now for â,¬150,000 it would equate to approx £135,000 (at 1.11 euro to pound). Therefore a gross profit. 

dagwood

Quote from: raye on August 29, 2018, 14:11:28 PM
I am guessing he means that 15 years ago a â,¬150,000 property would have cost £100,000 and if you sold it now for â,¬150,000 it would equate to approx £135,000 (at 1.11 euro to pound). Therefore a gross profit.

So he should have written "They will get less Euro to the pound now" or more Pound to the Euro.

raye

Maybe you could have worked it out!! It's not like it's rocket science.

dagwood

Quote from: raye on August 29, 2018, 15:56:47 PM
Maybe you could have worked it out!! It's not like it's rocket science.

Somewhat misleading from a person who works with figures.

beachlife

Quote from: vivafuerte on August 29, 2018, 19:04:50 PM
why does dagwood have to drag EVERY thread down the drain on here ?

he simply cannot play nicely!

Learnt that lesson viva blocked him at weekend.