A rip off.

Started by cockney, September 30, 2018, 00:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockney

Decided to have two coffees downstairs at the Costa Cafe at the airport as it's quieter. I ordered two cafe con leche. The cost was â,¬8.60, yes â,¬4.30 each! I now know that they don't do cafe con leche in a Spanish airport and I was served flat whites. What a rip off.

spitfire58

We tried the Costa last time as we are Costa junkies but won`t be happening again I don`t think

bookman

If you have plenty of time take a walk down to the " Binter Check In " area. Decent coffee 1/2 price of Costa.

spitfire58

Quote from: bookman on September 30, 2018, 09:00:06 AM
If you have plenty of time take a walk down to the " Binter Check In " area. Decent coffee 1/2 price of Costa.

Thanks bookman 🙂

Tamkid

That is a crime that needs reporting, I hope they give you a free refill within that crazy price.

sungod

Quote from: cockney on September 30, 2018, 00:29:35 AM
Decided to have two coffees downstairs at the Costa Cafe at the airport as it's quieter. I ordered two cafe con leche. The cost was â,¬8.60, yes â,¬4.30 each! I now know that they don't do cafe con leche in a Spanish airport and I was served flat whites. What a rip off.

Ordered Coffee there last time we were at the airport, crazy expensive and the worst coffee I had at Fuerteventura, giant mugs and they added too much water so it was way too diluted. Tasted like boiling water with a light coffee taste.

bedouin

Surely any food or drink bought in any airport is a rip off?

paully

I agree with the above..we had the same on our last visit, but on hearing the price I kicked off big time..and they looked embarrassed, told me I had ordered the wrong coffee..blah blah but only charged me for one..so although I got a result I`ll never use the again...mind you they are never busy from what I`ve seen

Thanks for the Binter area tip..thats where we`ll go next time
I HATE computer thingyss

erik_tonny

How much do they charge a Majorero ?

paully

Quote from: erik_tonny on September 30, 2018, 14:35:53 PM
How much do they charge a Majorero ?

They probably know to avoid it in advance  :(
I HATE computer thingyss

Mr Boo Boo

Wonder how much Coffee is at Costa in Weatherfield near Salford   ;D

Tamkid

A few years ago we went into a small local café behind the church at Villaverde, ordered two Café Con leche's, when I went to pay for the strange disgusting Luke warm liquid, the waitress shouted out to the back "how much for two café Con Leche'" (words to that affect), this big brute of a woman came to the entrance of the kitchen and looked across at us, she replied to the waitress "Tourists, 2.5 euros", we were then charged 5 euros??? that was when the average cup cost 1 to 1.5 euros, they must have done their training in the English Lake District. Try going into the Swan Inn at Newby Bridge if you want a real shock on prices, greed personified, £15.75p for a glass of average plonk and a pint of Stella "HOW MUCH"??????? if you want Scampi and Chips start saving.