TV question - UK purchased product

Started by bksk2004, February 24, 2013, 11:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bksk2004

Hi

I have had a look around the forum but cannot get an answer, though I'm sure the question has been asked before. The question is if I buy a Samsung/Toshiba 22 inch combi digital TV off Amazon, for instance, in the UK will it work in Fuerte? Clearly the Freeview won't work as it is UK specific, but can the digital tuner be configured to pick up Spanish digital TV?......Obviously, anything connected to Scart/HDMI should work?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks in advance

BK

woe10

If you put your question in the TV, Internet, Computers & Phones Section, I´m sure you´ll get a prompt answer.

Deso

Quote from: bksk2004 on February 24, 2013, 11:24:15 AM
Hi

I have had a look around the forum but cannot get an answer, though I'm sure the question has been asked before. The question is if I buy a Samsung/Toshiba 22 inch combi digital TV off Amazon, for instance, in the UK will it work in Fuerte? Clearly the Freeview won't work as it is UK specific, but can the digital tuner be configured to pick up Spanish digital TV?......Obviously, anything connected to Scart/HDMI should work?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks in advance

BK

I would just buy your TV in Fuerte, just as cheap, if not cheaper, than the UK and you will have warranty as well. 
Electron have a large choice so you will find what you need.  ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

glenys

Buy a TV in Fuerteventura, much easier.

bksk2004

Thanks guys!

I will ptobably have another look in Electron when I am over next. My main tv came from Norte Sur before they swapped them around.

I really just wondered if a tv from the uk would work?...cannot see a reason why not.

A couple of years back brought over one of those wireless av senders to extend signals to a bedroom portable which works great. Am just thinking of replacing the old analogue portable with a flat screen.

Thanks again

BK

Deso

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Spike On Q

This is the second thread I have read today where someone is suggesting bringing something freely available here in Fuerte
Do you thikn if I ever return to England I should arrange for a large van and load it with stuff bought here in Fuerte and ship it to the UK?

I know someone who bought a whole kitchen at B&Q then shipped it here - when they make beautiful modern kitchens at knock down prices here

Internal doors are next!

terry banks

Freeview will not work, however you may pick up spanish digi channels. A few allow you to swop language and if it is an English Prog you can get audio in 'original version'.  Not worth the effort of
bringing from UK. Just picked up a 32" sony Bravia LCD for 250e from Norty sur.Thats cheaper than UK.

Deso

Quote from: terry banks on February 25, 2013, 17:00:14 PM
Freeview will not work, however you may pick up spanish digi channels. A few allow you to swop language and if it is an English Prog you can get audio in 'original version'.  Not worth the effort of
bringing from UK. Just picked up a 32" sony Bravia LCD for 250e from Norty sur.Thats cheaper than UK.

I rest my case.   ;D   :P
Regards, Neil

zedzedeleven

Has anyone actually answered the op`s question? the reasons for wanting to use a uk tv set are not the issue, whether it will work is. i would like to know as well, just out of curiosity.
Mentor to the boneheads.

isleswing

The transmission system is the same.
I think you would need a set that is capable of being manualy tuned to ALL channels. Freesat boxes ( which I know, are a totally different thing) can often be tuned to ALL channels as well as FREESAT, but Freeview seem mostly to be dedicated. Ours are, anyway.
Freeview doesn't transmit beyond UK.

If you had an existing TV or box, and it was capable, it would be worth bringing.

Otherwise, it'd be like taking home one of those cameras / smartphones / watches etc from the asian shops on the Island, and having nobody to turn to when you get into difficulties with it.

terry banks

Not sure zedzedeleven. However I did bring over a UK set top box and it worked with my original old 'tube' tv. I conclude that a UK tv with a digital tuner should work in Fuert.

zedzedeleven

Thanks Terry, it just seems to me that someone moving over and hiring a container would have plenty of space for the telly so why buy a new one if you don`t have to, especially if you have a reasonably new telly that you would not get a lot for if you had to sell it .
Mentor to the boneheads.

Deso

Regards, Neil

Globetrotter

Quote from: zedzedeleven on February 25, 2013, 20:23:13 PM
Has anyone actually answered the op`s question? the reasons for wanting to use a uk tv set are not the issue, whether it will work is. i would like to know as well, just out of curiosity.
Yes all modern flat screen TVs and set top boxes will work almost everywhere (except USA), the TV standard is the same and they all scan the same frequencies whether they are in UK, Spain, France etc, unlike the old analogue TVs that had different frequencies for the sound and vision, the UK ones could work in Spain but you could either watch the picture but no sound or sound but no vision as the frequencies were different in each country, (been there tried that in the past with a pocket TV, lol).
Hope that answers your question.