Digital Terrestrial Receiver

Started by rsg4m, November 06, 2012, 12:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsg4m

I have a Digital Terrestrial Receiver by Satycon (CTRF USB+) (New Tuner+40% Signal) Can anybody tell me if I can connect it to my TV on Tamaragua estate and if so do I need a card to go into the SD card reader slot..thank you

Globetrotter

Quote from: rsg4m on November 06, 2012, 12:57:52 PM
I have a Digital Terrestrial Receiver by Satycon (CTRF USB+) (New Tuner+40% Signal) Can anybody tell me if I can connect it to my TV on Tamaragua estate and if so do I need a card to go into the SD card reader slot..thank you
Some of the latest Digi boxes have card slots, this is for the scrambled channels that you pay for like SKY in the UK, the box should pick up the other free to view terrestial digital TV channels if the transmitter or repeater is within range of your house.
I think all the boxes nowadays work worldwide (except places like USA which have a different system), I know boxes bought here in the UK work over in Fuerte same as modern flat screen TVs.
If it is one of the old boxes pre digital it wont as the system used two seperate channels one for sound and one for vision and they were not the same channels as in the UK, so you could either see the picture but no sound or sound but no picture, any way the analogue signal is now defunct in Fuerte same as the UK.

rsg4m

Hi Globetrotter ..the box was bought here, and the SD reader slot is empty so do i need a card for it to function?

Globetrotter

Quote from: rsg4m on November 06, 2012, 22:16:04 PM
Hi Globetrotter ..the box was bought here, and the SD reader slot is empty so do i need a card for it to function?
No as I said before the receiver will pick up ALL digital channels providing there is a strong enough signal at your aerial and it is pointing the correct way, the card slot can remain empty, but you will only be able to watch the free to view channels, the scrambled channels WILL require a card to view, subscription required.
Also dont forget since going digital quite a lot of the Spanish channels have now dual language available which means you can view and listen in the original language, ie ER available in English, just choose the option of which track in the audio settings.

beachlife

The properties on Tamaragua use a community signal and therefore the signal is strong. You will have no problem using any digital terrestial box to view programs. I have just brought a box from UK and done exactly that. You do not need to put any cards into the box to view last night I was watching the Madrid game on it.

rsg4m

Thank you both very much for your help..All I have to do now is try to fathom out where to buy the appropriate cables in order to set this system up..all I have is a TV that plugs into the mains and nothing else, so my TV is showing only blank screen..

ZappaRocks

It can't have just a plug, even a monitor has an input.

It probably has a cover which can be pulled off to reveal the inputs or at the very least a round input for the older type RF cable which normally plugs into the wall.
Try to educate a fool and you become one

admin

I'm guessing his TV will have the usual input sockets but he doesn't have any cables.

ZappaRocks

Don't know how I read that different, blonde moment...
Try to educate a fool and you become one