iphone 5

Started by wavell ave, October 26, 2012, 09:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavell ave

hi,, where can i get an iphone 5 in corralejo? thanks for any info.

woe10

Vodafone, Movistar, Orange, The Phone Shop all have them. They have in Rosario & Caleta anyway. But you´d be better off with a Samsung Galaxy S 111. Much better & cheaper.

gymackem

Movistar in Campanario Centre have them  8)

Lynn & Dave

admin

... doesn't really answer the question but you can also buy direct from Apple online - contract or unlocked.

http://store.apple.com/es/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone5

wavell ave

Quote from: woe10 on October 26, 2012, 12:10:17 PM
Vodafone, Movistar, Orange, The Phone Shop all have them. They have in Rosario & Caleta anyway. But you´d be better off with a Samsung Galaxy S 111. Much better & cheaper.
thankyou woe 10,,, just bought a galaxy i,m made up with it,,,,

auldreekie

Hi

I am visiting Corralejo from Scotland in the next few days and have an iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 uses a new "Nanosim", even smaller than the microsim that iPhone 4 used. I have been unable to find the telephone number of a local mobile service provider so that I could ask if they can provide a pay as you go nanosim for the iPhone 5 and the costs to buy and use. I phoned Fuentes Bazaar but they did not know about the new nanosim and couldn't supply one. If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated since I would rather not bring my ancient iPhone 3G which is as slow as a snail.
Thanks in advance.

admin

Your best bet would be to go to a Vodafone, Movistar, Orange or The Phone Shop shop.

With new anti terrorist rules I don't know if non-residents will be able to buy sim cards, micro or normal.

In any case take your passport to the shop.

With iPhones, all iPhone to iPhone calls and texts are free.
For non iPhone calls use the Viber app and hope your non-iPhone contacts have that installed for free calls and SMS.

On the other hand, I still have a 3GS and, not knowing any better, I find it fast enough.

Vodafone Corralejo
Nuestra Señora del Carmen, nº 3, Local 8   
928 866 527

Movistar Corralejo
Isaac Peral, CL 40 LOCAL 2
35660 Oliva (La) ,
928 866 122

auldreekie

Thanks for the phone numbers, admin.

There is a total language impasse between myself and the lady who answers at the Movistar shop and on each of the several occasions that I have rung the Vodafone shop my telephone tells me that "the other party has hung up"  with the ringing tone followed by a dead tone - the same happened when I rang the H.O. in Spain of The Phone House. Maybe they're doing too well to bother with new business.

There may be a couple of countries where tourists can't buy a local sim, but I don't think Spain is one of them - one can even buy them easily in tightly controlled states like Dubai. A passport is indeed often required, unlike the UK.

The 3GS is still an excellent iPhone - I wish I had one. It was a major upgrade of the identical looking original iPhone 3G which I bought at launch exactly five years ago, which is now sadly virtually redundant and has been unsupported by Apple for a year or so. It's on the cards that Apple will also cut off support for the 3GS in the not too distant future.

sandybbfan

If you phone Mauro in the vodafone shop in Puerto del Rosario you can speak to him about the new sim.. he will be there 02/11 and 03/11 in the morning. He speaks very good english.

Vodafone have been unable to provide paygo sims for internet access for the last few months due to a system error but they should be available from 02/11.

woe10

Quote from: wavell ave on October 28, 2012, 08:13:10 AM
Quote from: woe10 on October 26, 2012, 12:10:17 PM
thankyou woe 10,,, just bought a galaxy i,m made up with it,,,,

Glad you like it. I know a few people with the Galaxy S3 and they´re made up too  ;D

auldreekie

Thanks Sandybbfan

The only telephone number for that vodafone shop available through google is a central number with touchtone instructions in Spanish. Doubt it would even connect to the shop.

After copious amounts of time wasted in researching this through other avenues, plus a dozen or so phone calls to various Spanish enterprises I  am now moving on. Thanks anyway.